• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Keep your dreams in check; Kagerus, anyone!

keep your dreams in check

The grulla stallion had guessed his gingerly behaviour wasn't going to be a surprise, after all, who wouldn't exercise caution at the sight of a predator, especially such a careful being like Rouhi.
    His focus now remained on the creature as it approached him, his head stuck in place as his body tensed, unsure of how to react toward the animal, even though it was him who had greeted it in the first place.
    Rouhi's eyes follow the animal as it lays down close to them both, his watchful eye returned to the antlered mare as she begins to speak, a smile sliding across his face as his soft tone radiates into the air "I'm glad" he laughs, quite happy about the fact that the animal was happy to meet him, maybe if it was hungry then it would have been a completely different story.

Her apologetic expression makes its way to him as she speaks once more, giving mention of Hyaline, Rouhi using the pause in the conversation to speak "I am not surprised. It is a very beautiful place" he could go on and on about how wonderful he found it, all the flora and of course, the trees.
    With a bemused smile the male pauses to allow her to continue, her face brightly lit as she asks him a question, his own face stuck in thought for a moment before he is able to answer, his answer rather timid this time "I arrived quite a while ago by now, I'm not sure quite when" he shakes his head for a moment, the concept of time was a hard one to remember, especially with all the other things going on.
    "I was not born in Beqanna no, I come from outside it" he smiles as he pauses to breathe "I must say, this is quite a mysterious place, filled with surprises around each corner" just like flaming horses that randomly exploded in the middle of busy fields.

It was quite a nice change from all the exploring he had done in the past couple of weeks, his mind forcing him to glance at the sleepy animal again, his body still wavering toward it, instincts still not allowing him to turn away.
    But he had to portray trust in the conversation, place a firm grip on himself, allow himself to wander for a moment, his body slowly turning away from the large animal.
    His heaving breath was visible now as the cold evening rushed in, sweeping the floor below, sending shivers down his spine.
    Rouhi didn't particularly mind the cold though, it added a rather interesting change to everything, especially in the way it smelled.
    He raises his head slightly, his nostrils moving to pick up the scents that came in with the wind, mostly picking up the scents of flowers again, as per usual of course.

But it was not time to think of flowers, for now, there was a conversation to concentrate on. The stallion lifts his posture as his lips begin to move, a question waiting to be released from the tip of his tongue "What was it like to have Hyaline under your rule? I expect it was rather tasking" he asks, his head gently tilted in question as his voice carries to the mare.
    He allows a pause before he continues "I admire your rule, I have heard many things about you and this place. It's rather intriguing and rather lovely" he nods.
    It was true, Rouhi had found a place he was quite happy in, his confidence still held high, perhaps only because of the presence of another.
    It didn't particularly matter though, Rouhi would love to work to earn his place here, wherever he felt safe he deemed a place he would try to help with.

The stallion patiently awaits the mare's return of words, his head returning to rest as he finishes his sentence, his posture remaining languid once more as he stares around himself, some stars already beginning to shine from high above, quite a curious sight to watch.

Rouhi

@[Kagerus] Sorry this is rather messy!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Keep your dreams in check; Kagerus, anyone! - by Rouhi - 01-26-2019, 05:59 PM