• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I got an iron in that fire; ember
    He makes a sound that stills whatever pitiful beast he's awoken in her; the ache fades, the hard lines in her childish face soften and Ember turns her head to admire the widening streaks of reddish-pink and fiery orange. It's enough that he's noticed her. It's all she wants, really, and she decides not to poke at him for anything else.

It's his fire that catches her attention again, the flames dance along the length of his body—twisting, flickering, beckoning her to touch them and she edges towards him as if she's been hypnotized. Ember reaches out, she's close enough to feel the heat from his fire. Her red eyes are wide, her heart is hammering in her chest; there's something oddly exhilarating about being this close to something so familiar, so like her, and yet not.

She leans closer, wondering if it will burn her, but right before she's able to make contact he snuffs out the flames and the only thing fanning out across his skin is her breath which likely feels cool after experiencing such heat.

He offers his name and she draws back.

"Cleave," she tests the name, her ears flicking. It sounds less refined coming out of her own mouth she decides.

"I dunno where I live," the dragon girl admits, taking a careful step back. "Just sorta showed up here one day and haven't left yet—" but she will. Lie is gonna take her places. He's going to lead her right out of this place and, eventually, take her to wherever it is that her mother lives.

Messages In This Thread
    I got an iron in that fire; ember - by cleave - 01-05-2019, 07:14 PM
    RE: I got an iron in that fire; ember - by Ember - 01-06-2019, 05:53 PM
    RE: I got an iron in that fire; ember - by cleave - 01-06-2019, 06:27 PM
    RE: I got an iron in that fire; ember - by Ember - 01-16-2019, 01:10 PM
    RE: I got an iron in that fire; ember - by cleave - 01-17-2019, 02:52 AM