• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the cavalier is burning through my heart; tiphon, any

although this world is made of fearsome beasts that bark and bite
    we were born to put these creatures through one hell of a fight

Tiphon and Magnus knew of each other, but they certainly were not the closest of companions. So if Magnus is surprised by the other’s casual but not overly friendly greeting, it doesn’t show in his eyes. Instead, he simply glances around them, taking in the island and the stallion before him. “It’s a beautiful home, Tiphon,” he says the other’s name easily, plucking it from his memories—not thinking how lucky he is to be able to access them. After all, when do you truly stop to appreciate such a thing?

He laughs a little, low and throaty. “I don’t mind the chill of the swim. It’s pleasant.”

Although he loved the dense air and humid heat of his home, it was nice to experience a change.

Stepping forward, comfortable and casual, he addresses the other. “I am the current leader of Tephra.” It feels strange to say King and the royal title has never been one that truly interested him. “With all of the change hitting Beqanna, I wanted to introduce myself to our neighbors. To see who calls our bordering lands home and ensure the relationship between our two lands can remain friendly.”

Magnus has never truly enjoyed politics—he is too eager to pick up the sword, hungers too much for the alternate route of solving disputes—but he has also long learned the necessity of them. In a world that can often balance upon the edge of a pin, it is useful to find a way to use words bridge the gap. It had not been his first nature to learn such a thing, but after years of it, he’s learned the skill of diplomacy, if not the art.

“I am glad to know that its you who shepherding this place.”

It was certainly an easier conversation to have than the one with the kelpies overrunning Ischia.

magnus

@[Tiphon]
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the cavalier is burning through my heart; tiphon, any - by magnus - 01-05-2019, 01:10 AM