• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the cavalier is burning through my heart; tiphon, any

desire consumes me like a fire consumes me

This would not be the first time that Magnus has run across Tiphon.

Although their stories have only overlapped in the smallest of ways, usually in diplomatic ventures or in the field while recruiting for their respective homes, he knows enough of the angelic stallion to trust his intentions and to respect whatever he is doing within his island home. So it is a smile that he wears when he hears that Tiphon has taken the helm of the bordering land, and he looks forward to the visit, a feeling much unlike the trepidation he wears when he needs to make the journey to the more unknown Ivar.

It is in the aftermath of the holiday party when he returns to the island. This time, without the bridge to make the trip so easy and without the enigmatic Isle by his side (the memory of their time together during the party brings the barest hint of a smile to his lips). Still, he doesn’t hesitate to slip into the water, his scarred legs churning against the ocean’s tides as he carries himself through the waves to the island.

When he arrives, he is breathing heavily and evenly, but he is not exhausted. Rather, he is exhilarated by the journey, by the salt on his coat and the sea breeze that cools him. He leans his head back, tipping it up and grinning as the smell of brine sticks to the inside of his nostrils and the clear air coats his throat. It is so different from his volcanic home, but he appreciates it all the same, can understand why others would.

He lets loose a low, throaty call as he stands on the beach, the waves washing up around his ankles.

He could move in further, but he is of an old school way of thinking, where borders mattered and manners meant minding them. So he waits and watches, content to stand and enjoy the scenery.

good shouldn’t need to tempt us above

@[Tiphon] - just a quick thread to discuss the changes IC. <3
    [Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    the cavalier is burning through my heart; tiphon, any - by magnus - 01-03-2019, 12:40 AM