• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  i love it when you try to save me, 'cause i'm just a lady; any
    Ember runs her tongue across her fangs, pondering his question. It's not an easy one, no sir. She has no clue about the lay of the land—nor what creatures, nor secrets it might be hiding. She doesn't know that the sun rises in the east and sets in the west. She has no concept of time, nor change, nor seasons. It doesn't occur to her that she will never find her mother. She knows only Litotes and his promises that he never plans to keep.

His low, rumbling growls comfort her—unaware that this is merely thunder before thr storm. "I ain't really sure where to begin," she admits, her ears splaying shyly out to the sides. She shuffles her weight uncertainty and swishes her stubby tail. "Where does everyone go to meet up?"

It seems like as good a place as any.

Ember doesn't really wait for the lion, she simply turns and begins slinking away from the water; a bright, red glow surrounds her and she hums softly as her skin begins to heat up. The water, quickly turned to steam, rises up around her in a thick vapor and she curiously glances over her shoulder at her new friend. "I'm gonna be followin' you, so," she halts, motioning with her head to beckon him to lead the way.

"I figure she looks like me," Ember tells Litotes, picking up his pace once he decides to move along. "So... black and red and scaly, maybe glowy, too. Who knows."

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i love it when you try to save me, 'cause i'm just a lady; any - by Ember - 01-16-2019, 01:25 PM