• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you, ivar/anyone
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion
    when i've lied with you
    and i'm still waking every morning
    but it's not with you

She is still wondrously oblivious to what they really are. She sees their flash of scales, and their charismatic smiles; but not that they are monsters. Even with her father’s warning and his harrowing tail of being drowned by a kelpie-girl and only saved by his immortality, she shrugs it off. Ivar had brought no harm to her that day at the river, even though he had every opportunity. The River had been desolate, nearly abandoned, everyone too afraid to wander with the recent release of the plague. He could have lost control when his bite sank into her flesh, could have dragged her under icy waters, and no one would have been the wiser (funny, how that scenario was exactly what her father has been trying to drill into her head, that this was why he was terrified of letting her be on her own).

But Ivar hadn’t done any of those things, and they are not thoughts that cross her mind now.

It is the sound of rapid footfalls against the sand that causes her to twirl around quickly, her raven-dark mane billowing around her roaned neck, and she sees smoky and white colored stallion. He is young, perhaps just a bit older than herself, and a smile immediately alights her face. ”Hello,” her slender legs take a few steps forward, her eyes noting the angle and shape of his face that seem to be similar to Ivar’s, but she doesn’t assume. Before she can answer, she hears her name, spoken by a familiar voice, and she swivels her gold-blazed face to observe the familiar kelpie stallion. ”Ivar!” Her voice is nearly a chirp of delight, pleased that she doesn’t have to search the island for him. With dark brown eyes she looks back to the younger stallion when he is introduced, offering him another kind smile as she dips her head. ”Nice to meet you, Lothbrok.” She doesn’t see the danger in being in the company of two predators; never even occurs to her.

She looks back to Ivar, and she shakes her head in response to his question. ”No reason, I just wanted to get away from Nerine.” A soft sigh flutters from her tongue, looking to Lothbrok, and then back to Ivar. ”My father is being a little unbearable right now. He’d kill me if he knew I was here.”

chryseis

@[Ivar] @[Lothbrok]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you, ivar/anyone - by Chryseis - 01-02-2019, 01:01 AM