• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  bite my shiny metal ass; lacey only
    He was not often a patient man, not on his own. Impulsive and rash, with little inclination to think things through before he acted. Before the dream that woke a slumbering beast, he would have rushed forward right on Kali’s heels, crushed his lips to Lacey’s, and oh, he wanted to. But he held back, eyes sharp and focused on her. Taking in so much more detail. The way she let some stranger kiss her neck, the warmth in her expression, the way the corner of her mouth softened into a Lacey almost-smile.

The way she encouraged his return.
    And the change in her eyes, dark angel depths hidden behind an icy ring of white.

He watched, all hint of earlier festivities forgotten, all interest lost, but his job was done anyhow. The gifts were made, the decorations scattered about in the trees, they didn’t need him to play normal or pretend nothing had changed. And they had their mother home, what more could they ask for on a holiday like this? So he let them celebrate, and silver eyes never left her. Give the children a chance to reunite, to cling and cuddle and hold their mother close.

His turn would come.

Kali clung to her side all day, relentless and demanding her attention, and how could Kerberos blame her? But eventually she settled in for a snuggle with Kharon, and Kerberos took advantage of the opportunity to sidle up to her, breathe in the scent of her--curious. Familiar, with a hint of ice, crisp and chill and fascinating. He brushed his lips along her shoulder, nipped the side of her neck sharp enough to make a body sit up and take notice. “Walk with me,” he crooned, and urged her along.

He waited until they were out of sight, out of earshot, before he turned, met her eyes, walked her back against a tree. Stepped too close, brushing his muzzle against the side of her face, a wicked glint in his eyes as he grazed her cheek on the way to her ear. “You left me,” he murmured, taking another little nip, this time of the edge of her ear. “I didn’t like it.”
    Call me the world's sexiest killing machine.

Messages In This Thread
    bite my shiny metal ass; lacey only - by Kerberos - 12-30-2018, 12:03 AM