• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Wolfbane

She's got the devil's eyes

One of her greatest strengths and in equal measures her greatests faults is that ability. The one to keep secrets and hold her truths so close to her vest. She prefers to think that she simply spends them wisely, but any who know her know she is rarely saying even a small portion of what she truly knows. Trust is a difficult thing when it comes to her. She knows too much, and so, trust does not come easily to her. Nor does it to those who know her well enough understand, at least in some part, her capabilities.

In many ways though, it is simply because it is impossible for them to see her logic. Impossible for them to understand. This she knows, and so she does not begrudge them for it. If she needs the trust of another, she will earn it.

One day perhaps, she would earn Wolfbane’s. But there is still a great deal he would need to learn. And therein lies the problem.

She smiles at his admission, a true smile. Rather bold of him to say. But then, he had always been bold. A familial trait, she likes to think. “I would be surprised if you had not been,” she admits easily. She is not so oblivious to her own faults that she cannot recognize how her sudden appearance and seemingly unprovoked reactions must feel to him. But, as with so many things concerning her, it is simply a lack of perspective that clouds her actions and behaviors to others. One day she might even show him, if he ever wished to know. “I understand I am not the… easiest of relatives to have.”

She eyes him then, blue eyes openly curious as she studies the blue and gold of his features. He is distracted briefly by a small insect, one apparently determined to cling. She flicks her eyes briefly towards his snapping tail. It takes barely a thought to send the bug falling away into dust as it disappears beneath the shadow of his wing.

She stares at his wings for a long moment after he asks how she might deal with herself, faintly surprised at the question, though it does not show on her features. When she finally turns her gaze to his once more, she wonders what kind of answer he might expect. Likely not the one she had for him, at any rate. “I wouldn’t,” she says simply, acknowledging that glaring lack. “It’s likely a good thing there are so few of me.” Her lips twitch with faint amusement, eyes fixed on his. “But you should know I have reason for everything I do. And…” she pauses then, hesitating. It’s rare she exposes her own vulnerabilities, even ones seemingly innocuous as this one. “...despite all appearances, I do care. A great deal.”

She huffs a soft breath then, a half laugh at her own foolishness. “Just remember that next time you’re angry with me, I suppose.”

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show them the joy and the pain and the ending; Wolfbane - by Heartfire - 01-05-2019, 07:02 PM