• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i leave you my dust and dry bones
    it's a lonely road, I know,
    and nothing ever stands between a bullet and your soul;

She doesn’t elaborate on her dream, and he does not press the matter any further, does not delve into her mind. He would have been amused, however, to know she found him amicable. She was likely the first. Not that he was cruel, by any means, but his hospitality typically never extended beyond a single autumn night. He wasn’t trying to get anything out of her, however – also another first. He was still watching her, silently with his shadowed eyes, wondering at the fact that she is one of the few where he is curious of the thoughts inside of her head, and yet he still can’t bring himself to look.

Something about her keeps him from wanting to invade her space – mentally, not physically, since he has not drawn away from her. When his touch elicits a soft glow from beneath her skin, he does not recoil, but instead he tips his head to the side in curiosity. Her alarm at her own power brings an amused upturn of his lips, the flatness of his eyes finding depth for a brief moment as he answers her surprised query, ”I don’t know you, you tell me. You’re the one that did it.” There is a new pitch to his usually too level voice, his lips still quirked in a smile. She touches his neck, and his head lowers in response, his lips coming to rest briefly at the base of her poll.

He accepts her answer in silence, although apart of him would not admit that he was a little pleased that she was genuinely alone – that no one was missing her. His interest in her was strange even for him, and he hasn’t thought yet of why that might be. She gestures though to the ground below, dark and stained, and he doesn’t completely have an answer for her. ”Beqanna is different now. The old lands do not exist, and instead there are entirely new ones.” And then, for the first time, a whisper of concern flits across his eyes, as he glances down at her, adding carefully, ”There is also a plague. The meadow isn’t safe. Almost nowhere is.”

R A E D

@[Osyva]

He has a crush on her if that's not obvious :|
    [Image: Raed.jpg]
    (click for full size)

Messages In This Thread
    i leave you my dust and dry bones - by Osyva - 12-25-2018, 11:20 PM
    RE: i leave you my dust and dry bones - by Raed - 12-26-2018, 01:44 AM
    RE: i leave you my dust and dry bones - by Osyva - 12-26-2018, 07:32 PM
    RE: i leave you my dust and dry bones - by Raed - 12-31-2018, 02:02 AM
    RE: i leave you my dust and dry bones - by Osyva - 01-03-2019, 02:14 AM
    RE: i leave you my dust and dry bones - by Raed - 01-07-2019, 01:13 AM