• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [private]  Darkness cannot drive out darkness | Phasus

Leilan
    Glaciers melting in the dead of night
    and the superstars sucked into the supermassive
    She plays - forced, perhaps, but she plays. Good.

His eyes see more than average, but even if they hadn’t he might have noticed the slight trembling with every step she makes. She knows what’s at stake - ironically, for her it seems to be more than just her position of relative (or forgotten) power on this island; to him it’s only that but for her there is the fear of leaving the safe land, fear of a sickness that to his knowledge had yet to kill anyone (except maybe Arthas but that was more or less the man’s own arrogance).

For what she believes is her own good, she still plays the game.

She lines up parrallel to him, nose to hip and he turns his neck to the right to look at her (let her think he enjoys the sight - which isn’t entirely untrue though she is a bit more skinny than is actually his type). Half-pretends to reach out to her and then doesn’t, grins when she bumps her hip into him. See, that was easy. But it’s not what they’re here for.

A wife? Why ever would you want one of those?

He knows why - but that’s not a reason she could wrap her mind around, he thinks. So, instead he has to give her an answer that’s close to another truth, something that she could relate to. ”She happens to be a queen. Isn’t that what you would have accepted in Set?” Would have, because he hadn’t seen the magician for a while. Would have, because she no longer smells of him. Would have, because for all Leilan knows, the magician doesn’t live on this island any longer. Perhaps he had become tired of the constant challenge he presented. If Leilan hadn’t been in this to protect his family and friends, he might have left, too.

You wanted me, Leilan. What can I do for you? she asks, as if perhaps he might say he wanted her physically. The thought crosses his mind - use her like he’d once used others for a temporary moment of not thinking of someone else, which was hurting; use her and drop her, and perhaps she’d think she had the upper hand, perhaps that was something he could exploit; use her and mark her, to make her never want to go near him again - but no. Not this time.

”I know I made Set an offer for you and him to stay safe on this island even if I happened to rule, but he wouldn’t take it.” The following challenge needed no emphasis. ”But perhaps you want to think it over for yourself, instead. I don’t think he’s around to force you into either decision, this time.” Perhaps the mention of the magician’s name helped her realize that the tobiano male hadn’t been seen for a while; if she had, she would probably correct him.

you set my soul alight
    HTML by Vanilla Custard

@[Phasus]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Darkness cannot drive out darkness | Phasus - by Leilan - 01-11-2019, 02:00 AM