• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

It Was About Time {Kensa, Ivar, Diplomats}

for every tyrant, a tear for the vulnerable
    in every lost soul, the bones of a miracle

Ischia’s status as an independent territory intrigues Kensa though she does not say so. She owes fealty to Kagerus and Solace and does not chafe in the least under that yoke. She listens politely while the men speak and she is keenly aware of Ivar’s eyes each time they alight on her, but of course she is here on business and not to learn the perils of dallying with kelpies (she has no idea about kelpies). That doesn’t stop her from holding his gaze steadily as he mentions his Queen, not a flicker of response. She is after all just looking.

Ivar supplies them with his name at long last, but she does not assume it is an olive branch. Still, even if there will not be alliances to be had there might be something like civility. Certainly Kensa would like to venture back here for a little civility.

What would being friends entail?
    How her mind does wander, even worse he is looking to Clayton for the answer,and Kensa notices the absence of attention even though she was the one to bring up a possible ‘friendship’. She either receives the message or reads too much into it, but her features are serene and patient as Clayton speaks. She nods in agreement when the bay finishes speaking and then continues without letting the conversation lull. “As Clayton says we do not want to engage in any aggression with your people or any other. I see you are satisfied with your independence, though it would please me if we could establish an alliance with you, I would ask on behalf of Hyaline and the East if we might simply be at peace, no attacks or thefts from either side.” Her directness is tempered by the silvery lilt of her speech. “...and of course well intentioned friends do visit one another from time to time.” A pause. “I’m sure Pangea would welcome your visit, Ivar. If we could be friendly.” She doesn’t guess that his interest in Pangea lies in its eldritch Archon (though she would not be surprised), only offers a possibility even as she flicks her gaze along the tropical beach.

kensa
    for every dreamer, a dream. we're unstoppable with something to believe in.

@[Ivar] @[Clayton]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: It Was About Time {Kensa, Ivar, Diplomats} - by Kensa - 01-06-2019, 08:25 PM