• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    ...my name on your tongue and your tongue on my... [any faerie]
    <link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Great+Vibes' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><style>.icelayout {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;box-shadow:0px 0px 10px #000;background-color:#f9fafc;} .icegradient {width:600px; border:1px solid #000;padding:10px;background:#270905;background: -webkit-linear-gradient(#270905, #360c07, #270905);background: -o-linear-gradient(#270905, #360c07, #270905);background: -moz-linear-gradient(#270905, #360c07, #270905);background: linear-gradient(#5b6d89, #d0d7df, #61b8e4, #457aa3); box-shadow:0px 0px 25px #000;} .icepic {width:600px; height:400px; background-image:url('https://i.postimg.cc/BQkhtNVX/icefairy.jpg');background-size:contain;} .icequote {width:600px; font-size:24px;font-family: 'great vibes', cursive;color:#457aa3;padding-bottom:10px;} .icepost {padding:30px;padding-bottom:10px;padding-top:20px;text-align:justify;font:12px times;color:#457aa3;}</style><center><div class=icegradient><div class=icelayout><div class=icepic></div><div class=icepost>Finally, the heat of summer in Beqanna is fading. This faerie doesn’t particularly like heat, or summer, and she stays on the Mountain almost all of the time when heat grips the land, rather than walking amongst their people far below. It’s cool up here even on the hottest of days, but now every passing day she ventures lower and lower, breathing the sharp scent of autumn leaves with pleasant anticipation.

<br>But even when she does not walk the paths down the mountain, they do climb them. Perhaps it is a consequence of their involvement in trying to help save them from their own foolishness, from the horror that is the plague, but now they seem to have remembered the existence of the fae. This particular fairy has no real patience for those who come seeking healing – she is still angry about the one they murdered to unleash this, and thinks the steps they have put into place to heal the land are more than enough. Sometimes she feels remorse watching the very young suffer, but the adults, she couldn’t care less.

<br>Rhaegor is not here to ask healing from the plague, even though his illness is quite evident. He wants something else, something that intrigues her, and so she lands in front of him and flicks a navy-tipped ear forward even though the words aren’t spoken aloud. She waits to hear him out, weighing the words, the intent, flipping through his life with the solemn indifference of a judge, considering all the evidence. What he asks for is mostly personal, but it’s not for his own gain, not entirely.

<br> <i>’I will give you what you wish,’</i> she speaks the same way he does, not bothering to open her mouth. It wouldn’t make him more comfortable to hear it out loud, and he might as well get used to it, if he plans to succeed. Anyway, the cold wings have only increased due to her presence and she doesn’t want to have to shout. <i> ‘For now, temporarily. Prove to me you will use it to better yourself and others, and then come back and I will find a way to make it permanent.’</i>

<br>There’s probably a side effect – a headache, light sensitivity, seeing double; it’s different for everyone but forcing mental channels open doesn’t usually come cheap. But it’s rarely debilitating past a few hours, so she leaves him to deal with it and vanishes.
    </div><div class=icequote><center>Ice burns, and it is hard to the warm-skinned to distinguish one
    sensation, fire, from the other, frost.</center></div></div></div></center>

Rhaegor rolled a <b>4</b> and has been granted a quest.
    He has been temporarily given telepathy and needs to use it for at least one thread (3 posts) in such a way as to prove to the fairy that he will use such a gift to make the world a better place. He should come back when he feels he can prove that to the fairy.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: ...my name on your tongue and your tongue on my... [any faerie] - by Ice Fairy - 12-21-2018, 01:06 PM