• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i'd burn here if that's what it takes [leliana]
    Leliana

baby, when I'm in your arms, I can make honest sense of love and war's alarms

Leliana has done her best to split her time amongst the different places she can call home. For the most part, that has meant being with her girls and Vulgaris in Tampa, but she travels back and forth to the Island and even makes her way elsewhere when she feels the need calling on her. Still, she has not been able to devote her full attention to the island the way she had wanted to—hasn’t been able to support Tiphon in his mission enough and hasn’t been there enough for Cress and she feels a crushing guilt because of it. An unsettling pain that she wasn't doing enough. That she wasn’t enough for them.

It presses down her spine as she lands on the edges of the Island, the wind and the sea having left her crimson mane messy and damp, clinging to the elegant curve of her neck. Her health has begun to flood back into her, and it shows. She is filling out again, the harsh angles of the past months softening, her coat regaining its customary gloss so that the dapples once again show prominently. She still coughs, especially when she sleeps, and blood will sometimes stain her lips, but it is less frequently now.

Sometimes, she goes entire days without a single cough.

After months of exhaustion and then disease, it is enough.

When she sees the familiar shape of Cress walking along the shoreline, her heart leaps in her throat, her hazel eyes brightening as she kicks off. Her dragon wings unfurl, skimming her along the water, the edges of it lapping up to catch her hooves. When she nears the other, she touches ground, landing gracefully before she collides into the mare’s side. She closes her eyes as she embraces the other healer, breathing in the familiar scent and feeling the guilty both settle and rise in her throat. “Cress,” the name is soft on her tongue and she pulls back so that she can look her friend in the eye. “It’s been too long, my friend.”

but there's something primal underneath and it drives this nothingness I seek

@[Cress]
    [Image: avatar-1975.gif]
    the heaviness in my heart belongs to gravity

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i'd burn here if that's what it takes [leliana] - by leliana - 12-22-2018, 05:38 PM