• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

EVERYONE;
    cRess
    like a house on fire we're up in flames; i'd burn here if that's what it takes

She has not been nearly as present as she promised she would be, and for that she is quite a bit ashamed. Throwing all she had into Leliana and Rhonen—and for their efforts to be futile in the end—had left her exhausted and infected with a seemingly endless plague. Tiphon’s angelic healing had helped for a while, temporarily chasing the aches from her bones and letting her continue on as normal, but then Heartfire had appeared on their beaches and she had once again poured all of her energy (and then some) into trying to save the pregnant woman. Djinni—though she had never learned the genie’s name—had attempted to heal all of them then, and after that things get a little blurry.

The golden dragoness has spent weeks simply trying to recover and feel normal, and though the plague has been cleansed from her lungs, her veins, her muscles, her bones… the sense of normalcy has yet to return. She knows that it is in part from being separated from her sweet Dawn, though she had encouraged the girl to leave her side and chase adventure. She knows that the carefree, happy girl will make the most of her life, and she can't cling to her child forever. She is the last piece she has of Ledger, but Ledger abandoned her. Abandoned them.

Cress shakes her head to clear her thoughts, and just as she closes her eyes to take a short nap, Tiphon’s call echoes over the land. She is near to the mountains, so it only takes her a short time to wing her way over to the assembling crowd. The Resort has almost become crowded in the past few months, and it makes her happy that so many are using the place as a refuge.

She is glad to see that they have all accepted him as their leader—he has the glow of gentle power, a good leader for the island. She folds her wings to her sides and weaves her way through the crowd to him, smiling softly as she glances to all that have come.

“Tiphon, it is good to see you,” she says, respectfully dipping her head to him. “I have been cured of the plague, it seems. Several weeks of rest have me feeling almost back to normal.” She turns to the assembled group and addresses them, voice booming to the back of the group. “I, too, am a healer and will offer my abilities to those who need to ease their symptoms. I will do everything in my power to support Tiphon, this territory, and all of the horses who are now calling it home.”

infected.

Messages In This Thread
    EVERYONE; - by Tiphon - 12-17-2018, 09:43 AM
    RE: EVERYONE; - by Cress - 12-17-2018, 11:30 PM
    RE: EVERYONE; - by Zynistra - 12-23-2018, 12:22 AM
    RE: EVERYONE; - by Cimmerian - 12-23-2018, 12:42 AM
    RE: EVERYONE; - by leliana - 12-24-2018, 12:46 AM
    RE: EVERYONE; - by Tiphon - 12-28-2018, 04:46 PM