• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

There’s a lesson waiting to be learned; Lie, Loess diplomats

Seems he’s getting better at his job, and he should be after what … nearly five years at the helm of Loess’s ship? But these two are Hyaline (as the female among them quickly confirms) and Wolfbane has been through the ringer with their ruling duo before, notably Kagerus. Part of the past. Long over by now, he contemplates to himself, shifting his mossy, hazel eyes over towards the other stallion when Ilma tilts her head aside. They’re here for business, she explains, and after a few moments of watching Litotes downplay his illness while simultaneously listening to their news, Bane feels settled on his first impression of them both.

One is very much an enigma. The other meets his expectations.

“So. You’re the lucky ones tethered to the raised kingdom, then.” He hums low, an expression of unbridled curiosity transforming his features. His gaze sparkles faintly, and the corners of his mouth tease a grin. Neither of these guests could’ve known about his fascination with the barren land before coming here, yet he feels driven (perhaps from coincidence) to explain a bit of his perspective anyways. “I was warned about that place and the Plague before both hit, by someone the ‘Dark God’ chose to help resurrect it.” The striped palomino tells them, a bit mystic over the matter. “Don’t take this the wong way but, I’m glad it’s you and not us.” He laughs briefly.

“Either way you’ve been thoroughly informative Ilma, Litotes.” The pegasus thanks them formally with a nod, “And I insist foremost on the idea to head further south. Especially you, Primarch.” He suggests intently, edging toward the pale horse until he could make out the faint winter flakes across his nose. “The Pampas may have something to remedy that cough.” Bane muses, giving the two a moment of quiet reflection should they need it.

“Otherwise you can freely leave with the knowledge that Loess will resume her seat as Kingdom and head of the south, once things have cleared up. Or once you find the cure.” He shrugs, thinking that such a solution (if one could be found) would be extremely beneficial to all parties present. “Brilliant Pampas is being led by a mare named Noah, Sylva by a stallion named Sinner, along with a close family friend of mine known as Mary. The former is a herdland, per Noah’s request, the latter is currently in an ‘open borders, open alliance’ with my Kingdom and functions as a territory.” Wolfbane inhales, having spent his breath all in one go. It wasn’t usually like him to be so long-winded.

King of Loess : Leader of the Southlands

Wolfbane

@[Ilma] @[litotes]
    [Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: There’s a lesson waiting to be learned; Lie, Loess diplomats - by Wolfbane - 01-03-2019, 11:57 PM