• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
    i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Velk/Litotes/any diplomats/leaders

{ and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times }

This next trip is going to be the hardest of them all, by far. As I stand looking at my son and my council-member, Velk and Litotes respectively, I swallow a sigh of exhaustion and instead focus on how blessed I feel to be safe, plague free, and gifted enough to make what's about to happen, happen. Standing at northernmost point of the Silver Cove, we three await the fall of the moon. As twilight falls to dusk, I look sheepishly towards the two men, duck behind a bush, and come back with a fruit.

A tropical fruit.

Dropping it, I explain myself: "Well. Since what is about to happen is quite taxing, I figured I would reward us. I found this fruit on my trip to the Island Resort, and I dream-teleported us one to share before our journey." Lifting my hoof, I smash open the spikey yellow thing, spilling out its fresh, juicy fruit. "Apparently, they're called pineapples. Dig in."

--

Later, we are asleep. It took less long for us to settle down together than I expected, but I guess that since Velk grew up sleeping next to me, and since Litotes is basically dead, we all fell right to. Lucidly dreaming, I go first to Velk's mind, make sure that he's ready for the transition (though he is familiar with my dreamweaving and ought not be too uncomfortable), and jump us over to the Isle. It is about midway through the night. Leaving Velk on the freezing border with barely a tree to cover him, I firmly re-close my eyes and go back to the Cove.

It is almost morning by the time I get there.

Shaken, and feeling bleary but awake at the same time, I force myself back to sleep - a trick which I've had to master over the years - and hop into Litotes' mind. Here, I spend a few extra minutes making sure he is comfortable with my mental self being so close to his, as having him detach during the teleportation could result in him getting stuck in the ocean and drowning. We don't want that. Litotes, dead as he is, agrees that we don't want that. So, with morning fast approaching and with our minds as securely attached as possible, we make the leap.

The sun is a quarter of the way to mid-height once we get there; I can tell that Velk, the local sunlight healer, is digging it already.

"Well, it's fucking cold." Standing there shivering on the border, despite the summer season, I momentarily wish that I'd dreamt us all warm. Then I think abashedly of how I'd been forced to leave Velk here alone for half the night; but I suppose that other inhabitants of this area do the same, so it's okay. Besides, now is the easy part: we just have to make sure that no one here wants to kill us, or The Sanctuary.

Sighing, I square my shoulders. "By the way, I'm not sure I've formally introduced the pair of you yet, though you know each other in passing. Litotes, this is my son, Velk. Velk, this is Litotes, one of the Caretakers of Hyaline. Now, let's meet the icicles that live here and get out." I smile at that, for we've arranged it pretty well: since Litotes is going to Nerine next, he can swim across the channel and then travel slowly back to the Cove, as fast as his dead little legs will allow him.

For now, icicles.

KAGERUS

Caretaker of The Sanctuary
    Lover of Solace
    Immortal, antlered Dreamweaver

@[Velk] @[Litotes] please salvage this thread, kag went OFF, I blame Colby for providing the buzzword 'pineapples' as a prompt to write this post.
    [Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Velk/Litotes/any diplomats/leaders - by Kagerus - 12-15-2018, 03:23 AM