• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Why Bother? [Cress]

I glance over at the blue bird seeking refuge in the depth of the emerald green shrubbery to my left. My nose extending softly to play with the tips of the leaves, watching as she spooks into flight reaching higher than my nose can reach. I withhold the amusement, entertained for only a moment before returning my focus to the worn dirt path before me.

Oh, how it’s been so long since I have emerged from the shadows of the meadow.

Summer has done no favors, the sun taking advantage of my dark colour in ways a woman never could. Since my disappearance, I have quite enjoyed the company of me, myself, and I.

In fact, I feel as though all the faces I pass since my arrival has been strange. I recognize no one, nothing, nothing except the low hanging branches that used to be too tall for my back to scrape and now I find myself ducking to avoid their ravage claws.

The heat dies down as the sun takes refuge behind the rolling hills and endless pine trees, a relief I am grateful for. It doesn’t take long before I am exposing myself from the treeline bordering a small stream, taking in the plethora of colours that cloud my judgment. I lower to my knees, my hind following suit as I roll into the dusty ground to sooth the sweat that had began accumulating in my girth, chest, and flank.

I feel myself hesitate for a moment, taking in the peace that surrounds me with nothing but the calm babbling of running water to break the silence.  

DALTEN

THERE IS SOMEONE OUT THERE WITH A WOUND IN THE EXACT SHAPE OF YOUR WORDS

@[Cress]

Messages In This Thread
    Why Bother? [Cress] - by Dalten - 12-12-2018, 12:35 AM
    RE: Why Bother? [Cress] - by Cress - 12-12-2018, 02:13 AM
    RE: Why Bother? [Cress] - by Dalten - 12-12-2018, 06:14 PM
    RE: Why Bother? [Cress] - by Cress - 12-17-2018, 11:56 PM