• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Find yourself, then come find me. [Bruise]

I call him the devil because he makes me want to sin

He feels the slight give, the way a master lockpicker might feel a first click of the key sliding into place. It sends a ripple of pleasure up his spine, the same beginning to unfold before him, and he has to exert all of his control to keep his face neutral, to not give himself away, to not show the predatory grin that threatens to pull his lips into a crocodile smile—to give into the short-term rush of pleasure over long-term gain.

Still, he wins this time and just keeps a warm, interested expression on his face.

“I don’t mind the quiet,” he says with that same touch of husk, keeping it impossible to guess as to whether the sentence is a neutral agreement or something more—something flirtatious. There are waves of thought beneath his expression, unreadable shadows that chase themselves across his features, but he says little else for several moments, feeding her more and more rope by only handing out bits and pieces.

When the silence has stretched on long enough, he angles his head. “I hope you don’t think I am the one making it too crowded.” A slight frown, a raincloud across his features that barely touches his brow. “I can leave, if you’d prefer.” A pause as the frown is chased by a brilliant smile, full and genuine.

“Brine,” he rolls her name slowly cross his tongue, savoring the syllables of it. “What a beautiful name.” Another pause as one corner of his lip quirks up in the corner. “I know what it’s like to need to get out of your own head.” Not really, he thinks to himself, because he can’t imagine wanting to escape himself or the Fear that rides shotgun with him constantly; he can’t imagine wanting to ever lose that.

“What do you like to do when you’re feeling this way?”

(and every time he knocks, I can't help but let him in)

@[Brine] - no worries! <3 i definitely still want this thread.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Find yourself, then come find me. [Bruise] - by bruise - 02-07-2019, 11:18 PM