• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Adna;
    Adna

He peers up, thin lips curving into an impossible smile, voice dropping, and her stomach drops, twists, the nerves of it rattling her although she doesn’t have a name to explain exactly why she feels the way she does or how. All she knows is that she feels a skittering of nerves, the flesh on her shoulder twitching as she peers down at him, her sage-green eyes wavering between confused and pleased to see him.

She doesn’t hesitate though when he gestures to his side. She just smiles, a little softer now, and walks over, lowering herself to the ground like she had done so many months ago. She shifts, murmuring in her throat as she settles in next to him, angling her head slightly so that she can look for him out of the corner of her eye. “I have time,” she says, several moments after the fact, laughing softly to herself.

“I have all the time in the world usually.”

She goes a little quiet, looking out toward the horizon, the sun not quite touching where they lay next to one another in the shadows of the cool nook he had managed to find. “I wondered for a while if you would come back.” She frowns, looking down at the ground again, thinking back to when her dad had gone missing for so long and then mother. “It’s nice to have everyone here. I haven’t had that in a while.”

She brightens though and leans her weight more heavily into his side, trusting in the strength of his thin body and inhaling slowly, letting her youthful muscles relax. “I’ve been okay,” she contemplates the question. “I’m glad that mom is home again. That she’s safe. I was really worried about her.” She thinks for a moment, voice dropping a little. “I was worried about you too.” She reaches over and bumps her nose into his neck, trying to find the black of his gaze. “You should let mom heal you soon.”

howl at the half moon, radio queen. she's all smoke. she's all nicotine.

Messages In This Thread
    Adna; - by Dovev - 12-08-2018, 04:46 PM
    RE: Adna; - by adna - 12-08-2018, 05:13 PM
    RE: Adna; - by Dovev - 12-08-2018, 06:08 PM
    RE: Adna; - by adna - 12-08-2018, 06:32 PM
    RE: Adna; - by Dovev - 12-21-2018, 03:58 PM
    RE: Adna; - by adna - 12-22-2018, 05:16 PM
    RE: Adna; - by Dovev - 12-30-2018, 03:49 PM