• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Breckin and babies
    It had been a quiet, near blissful past couple of days.  She’d savored what precious time she could with her twin girls as often as she could, knowing somehow that it might not last long.  Leilan was off somewhere doing something, as was her little dragon colt, so today she preoccupied her time by doing nothing in particular.  The girls played as sisters do, only stopping to nurse or doze for a bit before starting the cycle over again.  It was tiring for the young mother, but in some warped sense it was re-energizing also, alighting a new vigor and purpose within the already burdened woman.   

And it was during one of their breaks in play in order to feed that their attention was grabbed by a distant voice.  Slow to react for whatever reason, Breckin couldn’t tell who the visitor was until they were already only a horse length away.

"Little dove," she choked out with surprise, raising her head in time to see the young woman just before she was pulled into a hug.  "Little dove," she says once more, this time a pleasant, contented murmur against the girl's dark mane.  Regrettably, it had been a while since Breckin had seen the filly she'd considered her first daughter, though of course their relations weren't direct it hardly mattered--she'd come to love Chryseis all the same.  A fact that would have held true even if Leilan hadn't come back into her life.  "I'm so glad to see you," she said as the gold blazed girl broke their contact.

Chryseis gasps and the leopard mare follows her line of vision to the young girls nearby.  She laughs softly as their older sister makes them mischief filled promises and for a moment she feels sorry for the girl's sire.  She knew that there was enough wisdom between herself and Chryseis in the ways of making Leilan crazy to last a small eternity and with their combined influence on the twins, well...

"HI CHRYSEIS!  WE'RE TWINS!" Oisin shouted excitedly, trotting over to stand shoulder to shoulder with Eurwen so that Chryseis could get a better view.  "But we aren't that much alike I guess.  Except we have gold hair like Papa. I wanna drive Papa crazy! Oh yeah, I’m Oisin and that’s Eurwen.  The elder baby knew that her younger sister was shyer.  And that just meant it was up to the chocolate-hued girl to speak up for her spotted sister when necessary.  Like now.  

With a few brave steps, Oisin pushes herself into the blue roan girls personal space.  Extending her muzzle with ears alert and inquisitive bright eyes, her nostrils flare in childish excitement. “WOW A BIG SISTER! Do we look alike?” , crossing her eyes then, she tries to see if she has a mark on her face just like her older sibling does.  She probably would have noticed it by now, but who knows? Maybe she had missed it.

Breckin cringed at Oisin’s tone of voice, but smiled all the same.   “You don’t have to shout, Oisin, we can hear you just as easily with your quiet voice.”  Eurwen was nearby still, so the dotted woman affectionately brushed her lips against the spotted baby’s tufted forelock as if to straighten it.   “You should say hello to your sister, darling. She travelled very far to see you.”

But her attention shifts yet again, moving back to Chryseis now that introductions had happened.  Concern etches the lines of her face as her eyes skim over the bite mark on her shoulder before settling on the dried blood that speckled her muzzle.  It would have been hard to see it against the dark contrast of her skin had she not already been so close.  Breckin wants to question her but before she does, there is something else that needs done.  There’s much less snow on the southern part of the isle, but it’s still  there, so with nothing more than her desire, she finds a   heap of snow with her telekinetic whim and draws it closer.  As gently as possible, she uses the coarse coldness to brush and clean away the blood that dirtied the blue roan’s beautiful face.   “There, that’s better.” Smiling, she leans herself against the girls side to offer her own body heat while absentmindedly fiddling with her step daughters mane.   “Tell me, Chryseis, what trouble have you been getting into?”

@[Chryseis] @[Eurwen]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I’m still waking every morning but it’s not with you, Breckin and babies - by Breckin - 12-05-2018, 09:48 PM