• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  the river coursing through us is dirty and deep
    He shouldn't look so pleased to see her, and she shouldn't feel so flattered.

(whatever they say about old dogs and new tricks-- she could learn to bend over backwards, tie myself in a pretty little knot for that crooked smile. She hates that she would do it, but she would still do it.)

But we are who we are, and the show goes on.

"Good," North says, and her lips curl in a little catlike smile. "You don't belong in quarantine." A cage is a cage no matter its size or purpose, and no wild animal deserves that. She steps closer, bumps her nose to his shoulder as though they were old friends and not slightly-more-than-strangers. He smells like a word she's forgotten. (we know each other, like the river knows the sea even before it gets there) From here the flecks of gold in his eyes look sharp enough to cut, and she realizes with a sinking feeling that his bones are full of stories she could never dream of. 

(no, we don't know each other at all)

"How did you die?" Her heart feels uncertain, like she isn't sure she wants to know, but that's never stopped her before. She breathes Magnus in and it centers her, for some reason we don't know. 

North should feel small and weak next to him, brittle, but she doesn't. She feels nimble and light, moonlight made flesh. How has she fared? Well, "I'm not sick, and I have at least one friend in the world." The black cat, sensing he is the subject of conversation, opens a single green eye. This eye stares at Magnus for several seconds without any apparent emotion, and then closes once more with a quiet sigh. "I should be good, but... I'm bored. It's just always more of the same, you know? Even when the world's falling apart, it's not really." Not if you don't fear death. Not if you don't have anyone to lose anymore.

She had not intended to say these things but out they come. Blame that stupid smile of his and the way it sidles in right next to her bones.  

N O R T H
    "In her the earth was silent, as it is silent at sunrise,
    and the earth in her was profound, like the sunrise.
    "

@[magnus] so sorry for the wait my dear!

Messages In This Thread
    RE: the river coursing through us is dirty and deep - by North - 12-15-2018, 02:36 AM