• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  One foot toward the gallows || Dovev, Vulgaris ||

She's got the devil's eyes

The viper does not disappoint. She had not expected him to cower beneath her well-contained irritation. His rash ego and derisive amusement is readily apparent as he speaks, holding true to what she knows of the man. Rather than setting her off as he might have expected however, it cools her ire, her features settling into impassive lines as she lifts one equine brow as his rather heedless statement. It is curious that he would accuse her of making assumptions when he was doing a rather great job of it himself. As though she could not see exactly what had occurred through any one of the eyes that had been present. But then, she supposes he would not have been aware of that.

“Do you truly believe you would have a prisoner here if you had?” she asks mildly, though her tone clearly indicates the rhetorical nature of the question. If they did believe it, then they had underestimated Dovev as much as they underestimate her. Still, she has little desire to correct their estimation. She has no interest in stoking her ego, and if they chose to believe her spineless and powerless and without influence, that was there prerogative.

She has no need to prove herself to either of them. She may be unwilling to harm her grandson, but she is not foolish enough to believe he has any great attachment to her. She had always been very good a hiding how much she truly cares, and this is no exception. Besides, it might behoove her to have the lot of them believing her less powerful than she truly is one day.

It’s always so much easier if they aren’t prepared for it.

Turning her attention to the blue and gold stallion, she eyes him passively as he too makes rather wild assumptions. Her expression remains unchanging as she studies him, and when he makes his rather bald ending statement, one corner of lips twitch faintly. As though she is amused. “Am I being senseless?” she asks impassively. After a moment of silence, she continues, eyes never wavering from his. “If you or your friends scared me, they would already be dead.”

It seems there are some pieces of her that had survived in her granson after all. And if he could mince words anywhere near as well as she had learned to do, he could pick apart her sentences. He could read between the lines.

But then, there is plenty of his grandfather in him too. She can see that as well, even if he could not.

She smiles then, faintly, but genuine nonetheless. They were done here, it seems. And she had added all she cared to. “I will find you when I have a moment.” Breaking away then, she steps closer to her children, nose gently touching each in turn, even Briella, as she removes her attention from the tense scene. Perhaps they might even believe her distracted.

and they'll cut you like a weapon

Heartfire

I figured I'd just wrap this up since we have so many new things happening now XD

Messages In This Thread
    RE: One foot toward the gallows || Dovev, Vulgaris || - by Heartfire - 12-31-2018, 06:51 PM