• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

everyone I know goes away in the end, Skellig - birthing
    “What have I become, my sweetest friend?
    Everyone I know goes away in the end."

Over a hundred years of life, over a hundred mistakes and life lessons, and still she is a fool. 

Something has come over her, something insatiable and unquenchable, and not even the promise of Tephra’s safety could keep her here. She had left, caving to her need to wander, to brush with danger. But as the time grew nearer, as she grew restless with labor and the sickness rooted itself into her veins, she knew she had to come back. She was a fool, but she would not drag her unborn child with her. She would not risk their baby being ill with this plague, like she was. 

Back in the safety of Tephra, she paces near Skellig, her face tight with agitation as each contraction ripples over her. Her lips are still stained from the blood that sprayed from her mouth with nearly every cough, the plight of her sickness making the ordeal all the more miserable. Her bones and muscles ached, her body already warm from fever, and now her neck and sides glisten with sweat as she is forced to the ground with a low groan. 

She is not new to child birth, but the fatigue from the illness has worn on her, and what should have been normal and easy by birthing standards is instead long and exhausting. Her breathing rattles in her throat from the fluid built up in her lungs, as her sides heave and she weakly strains. Her only source of relief is knowing that Skellig is nearby, and that she doesn’t have to fear for her safety in this vulnerable state. She is too weak to utter a sound as she completes the arduous birth, but relief washes over her as the baby finally is free. 

Despite her weakness she is quick to rise, gathering her trembling legs beneath her so that her soft tongue can find the newborn filly’s face. She can’t see that as she dries the tiny body off that their new daughter looks just like them — that her body is a lovely jade green and her mane and tail will be a brilliant white, and there, on the center of her tiny forehead, is a white four-point star. ”What should we name her?” She murmurs to Skellig, her heart swelling in her chest as she listens to the sound of the little girl beginning to struggle to her feet. It has been so long since they had Liseli, and she didn’t think she would feel this way again. 
    RYATAH
    you could have it all, my empire of dirt

@[Skellig]

Hi I know you said you were working on a post but I really wanted to do a birthing post for Evenstar, so (:

Messages In This Thread
    everyone I know goes away in the end, Skellig - birthing - by Ryatah - 11-29-2018, 12:03 AM