• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Slice of the Devil's Pie || Aurora ||
    At first I’d been dead. About as dead as anyone really can be. Years after this moment I’ll still think good things about the mother who’d abandoned me here, and I’ll probably be grateful that she did. I may never know the cruel individual who biologically was my dam, but perhaps it’s better that way. If given the choice of parents I’m sure I would’ve chosen AuroraElis over Rey anyways, so all’s well that ends well.

It was a simple touch, the one Aurora gave to me. Soft and tender, much too sweet over a foal who wasn’t hers and heavily infected with the plague everyone seemed to be fighting against. I’d come to remember that touch long into my old age, how it felt like electric fingers had plunged underneath my skin and tickled my heart into beating again. Life came back to me - an undeserved gift given by the most selfless of mares - and I drank it in with fluttering eyes, along with the weak twist of my still-wet ears.

I bleated out to the peacock colored horse in appreciation, blinking softly while my head rose to catch a glimpse of her. Even as a child I couldn’t deny how much I loved her in that moment, how beautiful and radiant she was, standing above me with a fierce look of surprise. I’d thought, surely she’s a fairy, or a magical being... and no one was going to convince me otherwise throughout my youth.

One mother had left me for carrion, this new one had breathed the spark of life back into me.

I knew which I was going to follow after. My thin, brittle legs unwound themselves, trailing muck over the soft grass around me. I cried out to my new mother again, struggling to work the nearly useless hooves but somehow I manage to. They come to rest on the earth and, in time, they support my underweight body (no more than a sack of bones held together by skin.) My head feels heavy so it droops to my knees, but my bright yellow eyes don’t - they rise and steal a sheepish glance at the wonderful second mother.

I’ll need her healing, her love, and so much more if I’m to survive the next few months. I’m no weakling, though. Obstinacy is what kept me going until Aurora could get here, and it’ll keep me going long after we leave. All I can seem to manage is a stumbling forward step, one that leaves me tumbling into Elis’ chest for support and comfort.

@[AuroraElis]

Messages In This Thread
    Slice of the Devil's Pie || Aurora || - by Rey - 11-23-2018, 07:02 PM
    RE: Slice of the Devil's Pie || Aurora || - by Astroh - 12-08-2018, 12:22 PM