• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I wanna be there when it's set in stone; daemron, birthing
    When their eyes meet, he watches her carefully as her expression fluctuates and turns from trepidation to resolve. ‘We’re going to do this right.’ Briefly, he is reminded of his own childhood (festering lies and insurmountable rifts) and his jaw tightens to think of his first pack, now disbanded. What if that happened again? Yet the gleam of determination he sees within the ocean of her gaze now serves to bolster his own – and, pushing aside any further misgivings, Daemron dips his willowed head in a soundless nod of solidarity.

They could do this.
    Together, they would do right by their children.
    By their family.

Their son finds his feet first, wine red and brimming with intensity, his face struck through by a blaze not unlike his own. Daemron jerks forward reflexively when he falls, but the boy is quick to regain his footing, and the stallion’s chest swells in response. The slip of a girl stirs in her brother’s wake, and he turns the faint glow of his grey gaze upon her next. There is a quietness about her, and yet when she looks up at him (a bright and green-eyed treasure) he feels as though his ribs might collapse in his heart’s absence – for with only a look, their daughter completely whisks it away.

They go to Pyxis then, finding nourishment side by side. A wolfish grin flashes about his mouth at their mother’s reproachful teasing. “Well, I wasn’t sure – and I didn’t want to worry you if I was wrong.” He considers the twins for a moment, their small tails flicking as they nursed. “It does run in the family,” he murmurs. She tells him she hadn’t been thinking of names, and a sound like a low hum comes from his throat. “I haven’t, either,” he admits, reassuring her, “It’s not horrible. We’ve had a lot on our minds.”

Keeping a watchful eye on their children, he nearly loses track of himself – absorbed by their daughter’s slight features as she pulls away, milk-mouthed and pressed to her counterpart’s side. Yet Daemron is swift to answer Pyxis’ quiet invitation as soon as it leaves her lips, and when she leans into him at last, he feels his lungs expand and release with a heavy breath he hadn’t known he’d been holding, in perfect rhythm with her own. There is a steadfast light in his gaze as he holds her tired weight, tilting to brush his lips across her cheek even as she whispers a name.

The sound of it causes him to smile into the softness of her skin. “Brigade, then.” His mouth rests lightly against her in a tender caress. “And Wonder,” he finishes, “Our little Wonder.” Hopeful of Pyxis’ approval, he draws his head back just enough to weigh her reaction and instead catches a glimpse of her exhaustion. Seeing her like this – spent but happy – a wildfire of emotion flares within his blood; he burns with fierce affection for her. “Rest, love,” he murmurs, holding strong for her (as he always would). “I’ve got you now.”
    daemron
    lost to the hunt as I was to you

@[laura] & @[jenger]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I wanna be there when it's set in stone; daemron, birthing - by Daemron - 12-05-2018, 06:13 PM