• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  i feel a bad moon rising
    Though I had not been shouting after Delta, it might seem so to a creature with supernatural hearing. It harder for me to hear her laughter from the shadows – so hard in fact, that I do not. Instead it is the cool spring wind that brings awareness of her presence, and my storm-grey eyes pick out her shape amid the trees. There are few of them in this wide green pampas, but I am unsurprised that Kaurma had found them.

The bay woman has always been more than capable of surviving, and though I had a brief moment of concern for her well-being, I had been doubtful something as mundane as a plague might keep her away. No, I’d assumed she might have heard of Wolfbane’s declaration, the easy way he’d called me his queen when we had faced the gathered mass of Sylva and Loess. Since then there has been no official proclamation, but there has also been no sight of Kaurma.

I wonder – perhaps irrationally – if she knows what Wolfbane has asked of me in private.

Rather than worry from a distance I move closer; there are some difficulties, at least, that I had been taught to deal with. Dealing with the jealous lovers of my king had been a lesson my mother had taught me well. I suspect that my mother never had to deal with something quite like this though. The woman she’d lost my father to had been as mysterious as Kaurma, as gifted in unseen ways.

I, too, am gifted. This I remind myself of as I approach, knowing that my advantage is less in the ability to warp her emotions and more in my determination.

“It took you long enough to make it,” I tell her, with enough lightness in my tone to suggest I am teasing rather than passing judgement. Wolfbane had commanded us all to come to shelter in the Pampas, but there had been some that had lingered, and some that still cross the border. “I hope you haven’t been ill?”

@[Kaurma]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 11-23-2018, 05:33 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Delta - 11-24-2018, 10:30 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 11-24-2018, 02:17 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Delta - 11-24-2018, 04:54 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 11-24-2018, 08:03 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Delta - 11-25-2018, 10:15 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 11-25-2018, 01:06 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Kaurma - 11-26-2018, 08:27 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 11-27-2018, 08:25 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Kaurma - 11-27-2018, 08:50 PM