• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

now I limit myself to a six gun quota
    Nebibi had never been an easily bored child. Of course, she had grown up with a sister with whom she had had many an adventure with. But she was also an inquisitive soul and could spend many hours of the day merely studying the different parts of the ecosystem. One of her favorite things during the hot summer days was lie in the long grasses and watch the marching ants or the buzzing bumblebees flitting about overhead.  She watched the deer graze and the hawks swoop down every so often into the grass. Her father was patient and knowledgeable and for the most part was able to answer her various questions of how and why.

So she was able to occupy herself while making this anticipated trip to the field. It had been a mere half hour before she was approached by her first recruiter. During that time, she had effectively traversed the small clearing and made note of the various wildflowers she could observe in the immediate vicinity. She had moved on to following ladybugs from stalk to stalk as they flew about their day when the stranger breaks her focus with an introduction.

Orange-brown eyes glance up at the stranger in clear excitement. She was completely thrilled with the thought of her first official recruiter. But before she can answer another mare has approached the duo and also introduces herself.  A bright smile graces her young face as she gushes enthusiastically to both of the pretty mares. “Hello! I’m Nebibi. It’s so nice to meet the both of you. A home, you say? Anywhere that’s not the meadow is all right by my book.” There was, of course, nothing wrong with growing up in the meadow. Michaelis had been raised there and Nebibi could certainly appreciate the many walks of life who ventured through. But she was seeking some place she could grow – new experiences and new adventures.

A flash of black reveals the sudden appearance of another mare and Nebibi gasps in delighted surprise. Perhaps this mare was just like her! She was certainly no stranger to the many different inborn talents that Beqanna held. Her father could do several things, but he had been able to help her somewhat with her own gift even if his form of invisibility vastly differed from her own. “Are you just like me? I like to pop out and scare the other people too sometimes.” She grins at the Camrynn mischievously.

nebibi

I've played down every feelin' I've felt
    And I bottled them up 'til the well ran over

Messages In This Thread
    now I limit myself to a six gun quota - by nebibi - 07-09-2015, 02:12 AM
    RE: now I limit myself to a six gun quota - by nebibi - 07-18-2015, 03:43 AM