• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

now I limit myself to a six gun quota
    and when I breathed, my breath was lightning
    It’s been a while since Rhy has visited the field. Perhaps too long. But her life has been a whirlwind after she was sent to space, to the end of the world, and the realm of the dead. After she had found her parents there, dead and gone (though perhaps not really – she knew where they were, even though she could only visit them now and again). Still, the blow had been impossibly hard. Rhy had dreamed of a day when they finally returned to her. She had been a year when they left with Kora in tow. Her twin, who couldn’t be near Rhy, and so their parents had taken Kora away and left Rhy to fend for herself.

She’s never doubted that they love her. Loved. Past tense – she would forever be getting used to that. She never doubted that they made the right decision, and she knows that Riagan offered to stay with her. But how could she ask her father to let Rayelle go off alone? How could she ask them to be apart? So she told him to go, because she wanted him to be happy. But of course, she had always wanted them with her. Her whole family. Not some broken, fake version of it.

But in the end, she had been all right. She found the Jungle, found her grandmother’s legacy, and nestled herself right in among the Sisters. It’s been her life and her home since she was a child, and she can’t imagine another one. But of course, there weren’t that many kingdom that welcomed an electric horse, with lion shifting capabilities. Oh, and now she was also a ghost (well, when she wanted to be).

It takes the strong disposition of her sisters to live with her.

Having discovered she can fly now, she makes the trip to the field in relatively no time at all. It’s a neat little trick of the ghost shifting thing, but she’s certain to land outside the field and shift back into a completely normal horse before she makes her way into the field. It’s probably too much to start wandering through the field semi-transparent. Though, then again, there are stranger things in Beqanna.

Eventually, a young girl catches her eye. The girl seems restless, moving around, and it’s rather hard not to notice the orange blaze. Rhy remembers, rather sadly, that her tattoo is gone. Well, faded. It will come back, but she admits she feels naked without the splashes of color, without the vine around her leg and the red flower on her chest.

Rhy isn’t the first to approach, and she’s just in time to catch the other mare’s words. Tyrna, from the Falls. She wonders, briefly, how the Falls is doing now. Once upon a time, her family sat the throne there. But they had all gone now. They were gone from the Gates too. The only family she really had left was in the Chamber, and she admits that Straia is fickle as far as family goes.

“Rhy,” she says, with a nod of her gold and white head and she slows to a stop. “From the Jungle.” And then she falls silent, because Tyrna’s already asked the mare the only question that ever seems to matter in the field.

rhy

the electric lioness of riagan and rayelle

character reference here  | character info here

Messages In This Thread
    now I limit myself to a six gun quota - by nebibi - 07-09-2015, 02:12 AM
    RE: now I limit myself to a six gun quota - by Rhy - 07-09-2015, 09:23 AM