• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

now I limit myself to a six gun quota
    please excuse. first words with her ever.

Nebibi had finally been allowed out of her cage.

She refers to it as a cage, but really she had merely been a sheltered child. Michaelis tended to overprotect his children, especially the little black infant he had stumbled upon somewhere around the den. He had been swift in claiming her as his and had promptly brought her to another nursing mare that had just given birth to his own child hours earlier.

She didn’t really remember much of her birth-mother. Bright, almost garish orange comes to mind and a desperation that had been conveyed with delicate, awed touches. She remembers soothing, loving words and a reluctant goodbye – eyes that had been filled to the brim with a deep sadness. Her father always comforted her with that fact that she had obviously not been coldly abandoned, but there had to have been an important reason.

He always hated to see his children ponder the sad things in life.

But he was also reluctant to let her out on her own.

But Nebibi came out the winner of that little disagreement.

She brushed her face amongst the long, swaying grasses of the field and breathes in the light aroma of the plentiful wildflowers as she leisurely walks through the crowded field. The young mare was uniformly black with the exception of a bright orange blaze that ran down her face – a remnant of her birthmother. She was excited for the chance to finally be more independent of her family. But Nebibi wasn’t familiar with the idea that most waited for others to approach those who caught their interest. She was simply too antsy to remain unmoving.

nebibi

I've played down every feelin' I've felt
    And I bottled them up 'til the well ran over

Messages In This Thread
    now I limit myself to a six gun quota - by nebibi - 07-09-2015, 02:12 AM