• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we are searchlights; any
    kharon

oh baby, I have not been kind

She'd at least been thinking to him even if she hadn't spoken aloud yet. They'd get there though. She'd be okay. He wouldn't stop trying until she was okay again. Or better.

I love you, Kali, he told her softly with a gentle brush against her mind as if he could nuzzle her. She was little and in his hair again, where it was safe and quiet and dim. It was easier for her to hide away that way when she felt like it. And it was simple enough to just peek out when she wanted a look around too. He didn't mind either way. Going about his day with her tagging along with him seemed to make her feel a little at ease, so he continued on.

His head turned toward the ocean and he paused, listening. He smiled.

There might be a friend to make. I think you'll like this one. Let's go see. He made his way there, strolling casually to the shore where the sea met the sand. The fox was heading inland as he was heading out, so they met somewhere near the treeline and he paused again, smiling down.

"Hello." His wings flared out as he reached back to nuzzle his baby sis, coaxing her. Look, baby. Do you want to shift and meet her? His light eyes turned back to the fox, still smiling. 

"I'm Kharon. This is Kali, my baby sister. I think she'd like to meet you if that's okay?" His head tilted. Then he gently lowered himself to his knees, to the ground so that Kali would not have to jump and so he could be on a better level with the fox-lady.

"We came from Ischia," he continued a little proudly, grey eyes glittering like his silver necklace. It was a wonderful place. Here was nice too, but he thought they'd all probably rather be home where they were from. If only they wouldn't get sick, though. "It's beautiful there. We were both born there, and our sister. I'm not sure where else Mom and Dad lived when they were younger, but I think Mom misses it a lot. So she'd probably been there a while. Dad didn't come until he found me," his chest puffed out a bit. Definitely proud of that. He'd attracted his Daddy there, showed him how beautiful he and his twin were.

Dad never left them since.
    Except for Kylin. But they hadn't meant to.
    His heart sank, and his eyes dimmed, but he tried to hold the smile on his face.

I wish I could scrape away the dirt that's on my mind

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    we are searchlights; any - by siona - 11-20-2018, 04:35 PM
    RE: we are searchlights; any - by Kharon - 11-24-2018, 03:04 PM
    RE: we are searchlights; any - by Random Event - 11-26-2018, 03:31 PM
    RE: we are searchlights; any - by Kali - 11-30-2018, 02:53 PM