• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, Ophanim
    lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?

His lips slide along her skin, and she closes her eyes as a shiver races the arch of her neck and down the ridge of her spine. She wonders if he can feel the way her body reacts, without thought,  every time he touches her. She craves it, even if she won’t admit it. She craves everything he has to offer, from his soft words to his gentle touches, his companionship and his unwavering loyalty, but she refuses to acknowledge that she wants such things. She was born without them, and was convinced that she shouldn’t – and didn’t – need them. That she didn’t need him.

It was currently the biggest lie that she was telling herself. She needed him more than she needed anyone or anything. He was her sanity, and instead she pushed him away, she forced him out every time he got close, over and over.

With a tilt of her head, she turns so that her dark blue eyes find his. They flicker as they search his, but it was unnecessary for her to sit and wonder what he was thinking. He is sincere in everything he says, and there is a part of her that wishes she could be so open. That she could bare her soul to him, so that he could know just how she felt, despite the way she acted and all the ways she had already let him down. ”You make me happy, too. And I’m sorry I make you wait for me.” The sincerity is back, her voice quiet, leaning into his touch that he places against her jaw. I don’t deserve you, she thinks, but says nothing. Her resilience against him is weak today, as she flits between freezing up, only to soften again moments later. She was beginning to hate herself for it, wondering why she can’t just callous herself towards him the way she can with anyone else.

She reaches up, her lips caressing against his cheek, before trailing down his jawline, her soft breath brushing along his skin as she murmurs, ”Remember every sweet thing I say to you. I promise I mean them.” She steps forward, lowering her delicate head to lay against his chest, finally giving in and letting her taut muscles go languid beneath his touch.

@[Ophanim]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, Ophanim - by Starsin - 01-06-2019, 12:50 AM