• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, Ophanim
    In my dark times, I'll be going back to these streets, promising everything I do not mean. In my dark times, baby, this is all I could be
    His trust has never been betrayed before, which makes it easy to gamble away every bit of his happiness right into her palms. He’d pluck the stars from the sky and nose dive into smoldering lava if she promised everything would be perfectly fine after. This is why he believes her and begins to relax a little more when she assures him that she’s fine. Ophanim is greedy for her soft words but he’s content to have been given a pet name for now. He’ll hold the name tight to his chest when he sleeps tonight, thanking whatever powers may be for giving him someone to love like her.

But her question temporarily plucks him from this hazy dream of things to come, makes him tilt his head curiously. He doesn’t entirely see into the question as a clue to her insecurities but rather that she might find him stupid. His expression visibly wilts a bit but he remains pressed close to her side all the same. Ophanim would need much worse things to pry him from her skin.

Because I know you’ll come back. Even if you were gone a hundred years, all I have to do is keep waiting for you,” he says with a light shrug of his young shoulders. He traces his lips along her neck since he can’t yet kiss her face again. She is the altar at which he prays, the perfect star that guides him where he wants to be. A hundred years could pass like the blink of an eye if he had her to dream of the entire time.

And even when you’re gone, I think of all the things you say and how happy they make me. How happy you make me.

He leans over to lightly kiss the corner of her jaw. Angel boy, he’s lost the fear of exposing all those intricate little emotions that hold him together. They’ve grown too great to hide any longer and now they come bubbling out as soft words and warm promises.
    ophanim
    @[Starsin]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me, Ophanim - by Ophanim - 01-01-2019, 01:53 PM