• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Any
    Kagerus
    { and in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times }

Without Solace by my side, the world seems emptier. Despite the fact that the majority of Hyalinians have found their way to the new heart of The Sanctuary - that being the Cove - it's luster diminishes with my beautiful wife to highlight the best parts of the new landscape.

That being said, I have done my fair share of exploring. After making my way through a cleft between two of the many mountains lining the west coast of this land, I was shocked to find a heaven of sorts: not one in the typical sense to be sure, but one nonetheless. Beneath my hooves, what must have been millions of shards of obsidian lay; they caught the light in a breathtaking way, not reflecting it but absorbing it and turning its energies inward. Each step felt like what I imagine walking on water to be, shifting and sliding, uncertain and yet real.

Suffice to say, when I met up with Solace that night in our dreams, we had plenty of new ideas to play with.

The distance isn't as hard as it rightly should be, I'll admit. More often than not we spend the nights physically together, what with the flight over the bay between the two kingdoms being practically nothing; and when Hyaline is too pressing or she feels too tired, we are together in our dreams. The connection isn't as strong as it would be were we together, but I am never without the sensation of her soul next to mine; and oh, how hers warms me. I smile to think of it; but the smile fades as I crane my head south-west, wondering how she is doing.

If she has caught the plague.
    If she is taking care of herself.
    If she will come home tonight, or the next night, or the next.

A shiver runs through me, and I shake off the fruitless thoughts. I have been quarantined to safe zones until this sickness passes, such that I might better serve The Sanctuary; but this banishment of sorts from my true home is painful, even if I do not let on as much when before our subjects.

Sighing quietly, I cast my gaze around for Panthera but do not find her. She must be in Hyaline with the jaguar she talks about sometimes, not Svedka but someone she calls Ryan. Feeling doubly alone now, I meander around the southern lake nestled between the Cove's mountains, hills, and forests, trying to pretend like it comes even close to Hyaline's heart.

[Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    and in my dreams i've kissed your lips a thousand times // Any - by Kagerus - 11-07-2018, 11:02 PM