• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  could i use you as a makeshift gauge; Chryseis
    you were a vision in the morning
    when the light came through,
    i know i've only felt religion when i've lied with you ;

She watches him still with guarded caution, but not daring to show that she was a little bit afraid. She isn’t sure what a kelpie bite is suppose to feel like, but she can’t imagine it’s completely painless.  

A breath has hardly passed her lips, and then he is alongside her. He is much taller than her, and it becomes more apparent with him towering over her. She can feel her pulse accelerating, but it is not in the way her winged prince causes such a reaction; she is nervous, and she hopes he can’t tell.

His touch goes almost unnoticed — it was only because she has been following his every move, along with the sliver of blood on her blue-toned withers, that she knows she has been bitten. She can feel relief flooding over her, the tension slowly ebbing away as her gaze flits to his and she says, ”Oh, that wasn’t so bad!” Her brilliant smile has returned, now that the anticipation of pain had passed. With neck still craned she inspects her coat, staring at it in a scrutinizing manner as she waits for the change to take place.

A sigh of defeat is expelled, but she looks back to the kelpie-man at his words. She follows his gaze to the turbulent waters, contemplating. She has been in water that was too cold before, and while not her favorite, she never had been one to turn down a dare. Scoping out a spot where the current wasn’t as strong, she steps cautiously into the icy waters. Cringing at the biting cold of it, she stops when she is knee deep, turning to face him and say, ”I don’t think the bite worked.” And even if she wouldn’t admit it, she is slightly relieved.

chryseis.
    and i'm still waking every morning but it's not with you

@[Ivar]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: could i use you as a makeshift gauge; Chryseis - by Chryseis - 11-26-2018, 02:22 AM