• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA

I wanna give you wild love, the kind that never slows down
    I wanna take you high up let our hearts be the only sound

Magnus has been bystander to far too many of Leliana’s personal tragedies to not stiffen when the scaled stallion approaches. Leliana had not bothered to tell him the details of what had happened when she had come to Tephra that night, child in tow, but he has been around long enough to know pain when he sees it. He had not pushed for details, the same way he had not forced her to talk after walking in on that horrific event with Dovev so many years ago. Instead he had simply gathered her close, pressing a familial kiss to her temple and promising that he would gladly look after her daughter as she took care of things.

His gold-flecked eyes darken when the stallion walks up to his ward and gathers her close, but he doesn’t cause a scene. The name is familiar enough to him, and the resemblance between father and daughter is clear. Plus it is obvious by Adna’s reaction that she is delighted by the appearance of her father, and Magnus doesn’t feel comfortable piercing this bubble of joy by interrogating the other.

Instead he keeps his eyes on Vulgaris, ink-stained mouth firm.

“Pleasure to finally meet you,” his voice is cool but not wholly unkind as he considers him. “My name is Magnus,” he pauses here, contemplative before continuing, “current leader of Tephra.” The silence stretches between them for a second but his features warm as he watches the snake girl curling into her father’s side. “I am glad to know that Leliana and family are safe in this current climate.” He takes a step forward, pressing a kiss into Adna’s forehead, glancing toward the purple stallion with such a clear affection for his niece, and then turning back to Vulgaris. “I will not keep you as you should travel quickly to get back to your family.” Another pause as he find the serpentine stallion’s eyes.

“I hope to find Leliana and Adna in good spirits the next time I come to visit.”

He doesn’t bother to hide the steel in his gaze, the underlying threat as he looks at the other. Magnus did not take kindly to those who chased his family to his home with tears barely dried on their cheeks, and although he had no fang with which to meet the other, it did not mean he was not dangerous in his own right. Still, after punctuating his point with a frown, his face warms when he considers the girl again.

“Be safe, little Adna,” he smiles. “I will be seeing you again soon.”

Then, to the purple stallion, “It was a pleasure to meet you.”

I wanna go where the lights burn low and you're only mine

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by Chaol - 11-05-2018, 08:44 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by magnus - 11-06-2018, 02:13 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by adna - 11-06-2018, 02:44 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by Chaol - 11-06-2018, 05:43 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by magnus - 11-06-2018, 11:41 PM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by adna - 11-07-2018, 12:02 AM
    RE: the sound of silence; MAGNUS/ADNA - by Chaol - 11-09-2018, 09:55 PM