• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Like a flower waiting to bloom - Kharon
    kharon

oh baby, I have not been kind

Her pain and ache was so loud, and the shudder that passed through her as she glanced at his wings sent a shiver down his spine. She wanted them over her again. As they used to. Honestly, he ached for it too, so deeply. He wanted everything to be as it was before, not all this change that had ruined them.

But it was so much like the Kylin he knew.

She ignored her own pain and leaned into him, and he took a quiet breath, his heart racing. His wings both lifted of their own, letting her in against his naked side. He loved his name crossing his mind in her voice, and hearing that she'd missed him. All of them, but definitely him.

He heard how she'd cried herself to sleep where they used to curl up together, where he used to hold her, and his heart broke more. She really had missed him? He wasn't meaningless to her now? She'd had kids though. He didn't understand how she could've had kids. How she could be with someone if she was meant for him. Tears threatened to brim his eyes just thinking of it, and he carefully didn't look at her.

She'd even had her babies in their home, their cavernous den where Mom had given birth to them.

"How.. are you?" she asked, and he was fucking terrible, is how he was. All of this was so damn hard and painful and he just wanted everything back to normal again. But it could never be the same again and that killed him.

He ignored her question and the silent ones that followed. He just needed to see how much of her was still left, how much was still his at all. If any. And he turned to her, draped his wing gently down over her back as he leaned in and swept his lips over her cheek. He trailed them back near her jaw, the soft muscle in her neck that held her scent so strongly. He kissed it softly, took it gently in his teeth with a light nip.

Kylin.. he whispered to her mind, aching to feel that she was still here. She was still the same, only older. Only changed so much. Only with kids and maybe a husband somewhere and not at all his after all. Ugh, god, it made him want to pull away, walk away and stay away from her. He should, probably.

Especially before someone saw him being this way with her.

I wish I could scrape away the dirt that's on my mind

Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Like a flower waiting to bloom - Kharon - by Kharon - 11-18-2018, 08:47 PM