• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Solace, Velk, Valdis;
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    Castile’s heart nearly bursts upon seeing Valdis whip around and see him. She stands out among the crowds to him, her bright face the very sunlight of his life in this moment. His only daughter, he realizes, and she remains here in the line of peril. The urgency of shouting her name again nearly escapes him, but he chokes on his own emotions when he sees Solace also heeding their daughter, then him. Mother and child exchange the warmest of smiles and embraces as wings reach in adoration. Castile, watching helplessly from afar, can only bring himself to clumsily canter a couple strides forward because they are quickly upon him, radiating urgency.

Valdis discerns the expression of knowledge that sharpens her mother’s face. Sheepishly, she grins because nothing can truly be concealed in the face of Solace; naturally, a mother knows her children all too well. However, the awkward smile melts away into something far sincerer and loving as she happily accepts the embrace before fleeing to father’s bellowing cry.

A near look of shock freezes across Castile’s face when he hears Solace for the first time. His teeth clench together, taken aback, but he responds with a delicacy and tenderness that he refuses to share with anyone else. ”You’re my family,” he affirms in a husky, commanding voice, ”of course I will check on you all.” The reassurance eases Valdis’ worry to a small degree, but the tumultuous churn of events is nipping at their heels and pressing nearer, threatening to consume them. While mostly oblivious, she at least knows the detrimental nature of staying in Hyaline. Her blue eyes dance between her parents expectantly, awaiting their orders and course of action, but there is a silky tone of concern that entwines mother’s words. Glancing away, she watches the world around them while still keeping an attentive ear glued to them.

Weighing his options, Castile reads into Solace’s instructions. Hyaline is no longer safe, much like Nerine. Their lives are being jeopardized, and yet he still stands with them, unable to move or set their welfare below his own. Hearing the honeyed sweetness of her voice, Castile meets Solace’s eyes. He searches them, desperately willing himself to hear her thoughts but there is nothing. ”Are you staying in the Cove, Solace?” He noted that Kagerus laid claim to it for the sake of Hyaline, but the corresponding Caretaker has not included her own agenda amid the ensuing chaos. Inching closer, he considers touching her.

The urge is there, the temptation firing across each and every one of his nerves.
    But he doesn’t do it.

He replays how she last ghosted herself to elude his affection. Unable to endure it again, especially in front of their daughter, he refrains. ”I need to know that you and our children will be safe,” a fleeting glance finds Valdis as she stares across the hills, lake and mountain, but then he is looking at Solace again. What he sees is the girl he flew the skies with and with whom he shared laughter. When he looks at her, he remembers the tender evening that resulted in their twins. ”I’m not leaving you until you are all safe.”

His breath is heavy, intoxicated by adrenaline.
    But he takes the moment to finally reach for her, to press his lips adoringly to her forehead. ”I’m not leaving you again,” he whispers, shutting his eyes as he breathes her in, again and again.

castile

@[Solace]

Messages In This Thread
    Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Castile - 11-01-2018, 10:40 AM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Valdis - 11-01-2018, 12:05 PM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Solace - 11-01-2018, 04:31 PM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Castile - 11-01-2018, 09:56 PM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Rhaegor - 11-02-2018, 01:48 AM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Solace - 11-04-2018, 04:20 PM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Castile - 11-09-2018, 11:21 AM
    RE: Solace, Velk, Valdis; - by Random Event - 11-10-2018, 09:21 PM