• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  [All of Tephra] I burned your world away, devoured by my conviction;
    Kove
    Take Me to the Waters Edge

It was easy to follow my older brother.  He had always been there to protect me, to guide me.  And even now, as I am nearing adulthood I find myself in his wake.  The trinket he had carved from the earth lay gently across my breast as I stood beside him now.  Forever reminding me of the family I had lost but also the family that stands beside me now.

When Krom looks to me with his words of family, I simply smile.  I did not view him as a ruler, but as a protector because that is all that he is.  He would not change on the whims of others.  Of those gathered I only recall having seen one face previously and that is Magnus.  I hardly listen as he speaks because my mind is on who had not shown yet. Snout. Worried I look to my sister and just before Krom departs from the gathering I reach out to him, "Be careful Brother." 

I look to Karat again and the words hadn't needed to leave me lips.  She knew just what my fears were as my muzzle brushes against the amythest stone the stallion had helped me retrieve so many nights ago.  My silver-lavender eyes brush past the bodies gathered and it could go without saying that I side with family, always.  Karat turns just as I do and we leave to locate the tusked bay... 

Messages In This Thread
    RE: [All of Tephra] I burned your world away, devoured by my conviction; - by Kove - 11-02-2018, 09:54 PM