• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; Breckin
    She knew of a few that had already made the journey across the sea to the frigid water-locked land.  From where she stood atop a cliff slickened by the ocean's spray, she watched as a veil of snow caught and drifted across the newly raised island in the distance.  At some point, she knew she would have to make the journey herself.  She wonders who else might have joined Heartfire there, what was happening between her and the pale green mare thus far if Leilan had made it safely too.  In the abrupt chaos after the announcement, she'd attempted to gather as many as possible, but some familiar faces had been absent, and she wonders what became of them also--if they were still safe.

There's no time to tread down a backward path towards the past, however, and she forces her thoughts back towards the present problems--trying to protect those unable to make it to the Isle and return the status of creating a place of safety for those wishing to return to Nerine again.  The singularly greatest question was how?

Beqanna was a land of various magics, perhaps the next step would be to approach a magician, find the scope of their capabilities and any insight they may have regarding this shift in world events.  It was possible that Djinni was still around, but that would beg the question if the rose gilded mare even wanted to be found, or would be willing to offer her magic graces to the land and residents  The genie might have intentionally remained elusive, a sentiment that Breckin would normally respect, but these inflicted changes to the kingdom warranted action, and she could not in good conscious go without least trying to find her now.

As she begins to turn, a soft sound from the opposite side makes her stop, and her gaze sweeps back to recognize Brennen's voice and silhouette approach through the rising dawn.  The strained smile he welcomes her with is mirrored in her own expression, appreciative of the way he swiftly moves into an explanation of his sudden appearance and giving a small nod of affirmation.  Silence holds her then, tipping her dotted head thoughtfully to the side as the Ischian king charts his proposal openly on the metaphorical table.  The tide of thoughts his idea evokes renders her motionless, even when he has clearly finished speaking, she struggles to find her own voice, somewhat awestruck by the unfamiliar taste of good fortunes giving her a solution to the problem she faced.

"I agree," she manages at last, "there is strength in unity and joining our kingdoms seems like an obvious solution."   Her dark gaze moves from the bay magician back to Icicle Isle.  "But I think we should remain in Nerine and have the members of Ischia assimilate here.  Some members of my kingdom have already traveled to Icicle Isle to seek immediate safety and I'd rather not distance myself from them.  And I know that there are some that would rather not leave Nerine at all either.  I stayed behind for that reason, to try to figure out a way to keep Nerine as safe as possible, because frankly from what I've gathered, Icicle Isle looks closer to uninhabitable than suitable living conditions."   The leopard mare's thoughts become a fraction more selfish, thinking about the unexpected child within that seemed to be driving some of her decisions.  "Especially for the several who are expecting this season or are already raising foals."  

"And if you are to leave me as Queen, where does that leave you?"   What she really wanted to question was his reasoning behind thinking it a good idea to leave her in charge.  As much as she enjoyed ruling, it was a tiresome battle to constantly question yourself on how well you are actually performing in your duties.  But she refrains from asking such a thing, following up her own question with another question before he might be able to answer her.  "Will you become Champion?"

@[Brennen] okay, not as good of a reply as I had hoped but at least we can keep things moving <3

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hold me in this wild, wild world; Breckin - by Breckin - 11-04-2018, 03:10 PM