• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  hold me in this wild, wild world; Breckin
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    'cause in your warmth I forget how cold it can be
    He had the dream, the same as the others, but he had no urges to go and kill at the god-mage’s bidding; he knew better and he has enough experience not to trust the man. Still, he is a fledging magic user himself and has no desire to draw Carnage’s attention or ire, and he knows when he is outmatched. So, he watches from afar, not going to Pangea himself; his heart goes out to the boy and his daughter but he does not interfere. Still, it gives him a vaguely pleased feeling to see Nihlus sweep the terrified filly out of harm’s way, and bring her to Ischia.

Things develop, and they only get worse. Brennen knows that things will change now, and maybe not for the better; his first thought should be for his Brothers, but to his chagrin, it is not; it is for Scorch and Blue in Nerine. That’s when he knows their current situation is untenable; neither Kingdom is the political and military powerhouse that they need to be to address this situation; but…together…

All in all, the bay pegasus considers for only a few hours of the darkest part of the night, and then he simply disappears from the shores of Ischia and re-appears in Nerine, close enough to immediately nicker at Breckin but not so close as to scare her; he quickly moves forward to close the distance between them, pitching his familiar voice to reach her easily but not be easily overheard. “Breckin, my friend,”

The magician halts, gives Breckin a strained smile. “I’m sure you’ve heard,” he pauses for her confirmation, and then goes on. “I have a proposal for you. I’ve been thinking about it –“ he glances at the sky and realizes it is dawning “-all night.” He shifts on his feet, refolds his wings. “I fear neither of our Kingdoms are strong enough to guarantee survival alone, and now that neither of us subscribes to a single-gender philosophy, why should we keep ourselves apart? I propose that we combine Nerine and Ischia, combine the Sisterhood and Brotherhood. I will step down, leaving you the Queen of the Combined Kingdoms.”

He doesn’t even hesitate, doesn’t stop to think if this, this combination, might be partially a selfish thing, bringing Scorch and Blue home to him. It is also the logical thing. “I think we should move everyone to Ischia. It is more easily defended. I believe that I will be able to offer some protection to everyone with my magic, if not fully, and several of my children have healing abilities.” Is he also tired of being King? It’s possible, but not a thing he wants to examine too closely. “We will be stronger together – plague or no plague.”
    hold me in this wild, wild world
    and in your heat I feel how cold it can get
    BRENNEN

@[Breckin] <3

Messages In This Thread
    hold me in this wild, wild world; Breckin - by Brennen - 10-31-2018, 09:15 PM