• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

and you say that i hurt you in a voice like a prayer, leliana
    VulgariS
    take me, take me back to your bed. i love you so much that it hurts my head.
    say, i don't mind you under my skin. oh, let the bad parts in, the bad parts in.
    Life used to revolve around hunger and anguish, the constant cycle of taking life and snapping teeth. Every night brought sleep without rest. But Leliana washes away the dried blood on his hands and kisses the scars of his face with as much love as she has to give. Her softness finds every jagged piece of him and cherishes them as much as the gilded exterior he offers. He never thought anyone would ever want to stay at his side once all the crooked secrets came spilling out of him. But here she is, and he’s more in love than ever. He sighs into her mane at the thought of it.

He listens when she speaks and nods quietly when she professes her faith in his choices. Somehow, he’ll find a way to bring them all together once more. Vulgaris listens closely when she tells him that she’d like Chaol to join them in their new home. He’s careful to memorize the name for when he goes to find Adna, to make sure he’s invited to the Pampas. “I’ll find him when I go get Adna. Don’t worry, Leli,” he mumbles against her skin as he nuzzles his face against hers.

Before, he might have bristled at the mention of Dovev, but he surrenders to her wishes. He supposes that seeking him out is the least he could do in exchange for trying to protect Leliana in Pangea. Vulgaris sighs and the sound is tired, but he nods again. “Alright. I’ll find them both for you, once you’re safe.

He lifts his head abruptly when her breathing changes and she chokes out his name, gilded in fear and panic. She’s already so weak, he thinks as he watches her body begin contractions. Vulgaris glances around them from time to time, keeping an eye out as he watches over her. He lowers his head to gently kiss her forehead each time she groans in pain. With Adna, everything has been so beautiful and serene. Her birth had been joyous and celebrated, but now he’s terrified for this baby. They’re far from home and the winter winds are not kind.

But then Sabbath enters this world, all legs and gentle cries as she blinks her wide eyes. A little nub that will someday be a horn grows from her forehead, he notices with some surprise. The newborn girl sneezes and rolls onto her belly as she stares up at them, trying to focus her eyes enough to stare at her parent. Vulgaris lowers his head and gently touches his lips to her face once Leliana finishes cleaning her. He supposes it’s his turn to name their child. God, he thought he had more time to think about this.

She looks like you,” he says as their newest daughter begins trying to wobble onto her little hooves. She’s much smaller than Adna had been but her scales shimmer just the same. It takes her a while but she manages to stand up before too long. Her doe eyes blink softly as she begins to shiver and step between her parents, huddling against each of them for warmth. “Sabbath,” he finally says as he meets Leliana’s eyes again. “I want to name her Sabbath.
    @[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: and you say that i hurt you in a voice like a prayer, leliana - by vulgaris - 11-04-2018, 11:05 PM