• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Maybe I’m too headstrong - Roseen

Leilan
    a dragon who couldn't be hurt on the outside
    could have so many ragged holes inside
    Whatever is best for the baby, it’s not best for him. Not for Roseen either, though she probably has it a little better than he. Having the kid around, at least, teaching him the ways of life -

He sighs, standing above a cliff and looking at the waves beyond, hearing the salty water crash on the rocks below, seagulls crying in the distance because it is fall and they are gathering, it seems, to survive the winter together as a group. Ironically, it takes his mind to his own family, the one he’d created without thinking twice, and not only the one time with Briseis, but the season after, he’d done it all over again. He causes drama wherever he goes, he thinks - it was perhaps his undoing that Briseis was too timid and did not hold him accountable for anything, and with Chryseis being such a perfect little girl, there had been nothing to warn him that perhaps he shouldn’t do that all over again.

Plus, he’d been so mad at himself for casting Breckin out and entirely convinced he would never see her again, or if he did she would be with someone else and that would be the end of it.

And the end of him.

He’d let his emotions get the better of him more than once, but when all else failed, crashed down the mountain with the purpose of ending it all. He wonders if Breckin ever told anyone, but he doesn’t think so. He doubts Roseen knows. Or even should know. He told Chryseis that he had been made immortal, but not the circumstances, and if he could help it, that would be all came to know until she was grown up. Same for the boys - that is, Ophanim maybe. He’s pretty sure he won’t be able to tell Thorgal about his mistakes.

He can only hope the boy is smarter than him and won’t have to go through a similar thing to learn. He’d rather just tell him how it works, love, and that if it doesn’t fade, you have to cling to it and don’t let go, never let go, not the way he did anyway. Always ask, never assume.

But the thoughts are just that, as he absentmindedly stares at the gulls in the distance.
    HTML by Vanilla Custard, picture by x-celebri-x on deviantart

@[Roseen]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    Maybe I’m too headstrong - Roseen - by Leilan - 10-26-2018, 04:27 AM