• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  Shooting stars cannot fix the world - Jude
    peregrine jude
    i glow pink in the night in my room

Tephra welcomed Jude with open arms. She has only been within the land for a couple of weeks, and already feels she knows it like the back of her eyelids. And yet, restlessness creeps into her system like some unwelcome to disease. The volcanic land truly puts her heart at ease, but Jude is an ambitious and energetic woman at heart - standing idly by as a citizen within a kingdom has never been her fate.

Today, she grumpily chews on salty grass. Something has not been right with her body, and it did not take long for her to figure out what came of her blissful tryst with Magnus: she is with child. Jude huffs into the green ground, gazing into each individual stalk without actually seeing it, wondering what on earth she is going to do with herself and an entire being she is supposed to care for.

The pegasus mare lifts her head and wanders aimlessly along, eyes glazing over in decided sadness. She feels alone, stuck with a child she does not want and no one to guide her (though she snorts to herself and vehemently thinks she does not need guidance). This is uncharted territory: motherhood. Roiling in darkest depths of her mind, Jude is terrified.

In her haphazard and thoughtful meandering, the pale mare nearly stumbles into another. She rears back, head high and proud, eyes slit in indignation. Her previously bowed head now expresses misplaced anger that quickly turns to blank resignation.

“Sorry, clearly I wasn’t payin’ much attention,” she begins, before picking up the mare’s scent. Jude peers at her suspiciously. “You’re not from around here.” More a statement than a question. “I’m Jude. Is there anything I can do to help you?”

Jude ends her rambling on the realization that she should be greeting and questioning strangers.

i've been blossoming alone over you

@[Ilma]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Shooting stars cannot fix the world - Jude - by peregrine jude - 10-29-2018, 08:11 PM