• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let me steal this from you now, leliana
    i'd break the back of love for you.
    Khuma only knows what she’d been told as a child, half-truths and omitted details to spin the stories how her mother liked them. She always put a blind sort of faith in Anadil and trusted that what she said of Larva had been true. The serpent girl assumes that the reason Leliana never knew their family’s history was because of the gruesome details. In truth, it was a more beautiful story than either of them may ever realize, dark chapters and all.

She watches the horror trickle over Leliana’s face and she frowns, realizing how much her words must have hurt the other. It’s so easy to forget how unprepared others might be for these things after the time she’s had to digest it all. But then comes a question that makes her grit her teeth, a question that sounds like nails on the chalkboard to her. Khuma gently tucks the last untamed lock into her new friend’s mane as she moves in front of her. Their eyes meet and she searches Leliana’s gaze for a while before sighing slowly to herself.

Yes, I know who Shiya is,” she answers in a bitter tone, spitting once the name leaves her tongue. “She’s our older sister by one or two years. Why?

She resumes her careful stare as she tries to find meaning in Leliana’s expression, searches for some hidden truth that she doesn’t know. Khuma had always regarded Shiya as a spineless, sniveling thing to be abhorred and avoided. If her half-sister hadn’t been born then Larva might have never been her father. She might even have a normal family with loving parents who didn’t terrify their children just for fun.

But the damage has been done and so she lives with the weight of all that has come to pass. She begins to entertain the idea of hunting her siblings as their father had, wiping out the mistakes and the children who should not be. Kerrigan had always stayed her hand but now her precious sister isn’t here to cool the heat of her anger. There is only Leliana and her story of agony to fan the flames.
    khuma.
    @[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let me steal this from you now, leliana - by Khuma - 10-31-2018, 02:56 PM