• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

let me steal this from you now, leliana
    i'd break the back of love for you.
    She remembers crying when Tatter left. God, she fell to pieces when Zed stole her sister away from her. The whole world crumbled between her fingers and she could never gather all the pieces to put them back together again. All her kindness went dormant within her and kept itself slumbering beneath the weight of all her lamentations. Now it’s impossible to tell she ever felt a thing other than her smiles with too many teeth.

Khuma leans her face closer and breathes the stranger in, watches with wonder as her wings change to mimic the fallen queen. A soft laugh even finds its way through the ink black of her insides toward the light of day. I’m no one’s. The response makes her smile fade and she regards Leliana more seriously now. Not one of their clan, then. Just a girl with a heavy heart. Slowly, all that softness stretches from its hibernation. It sheds the ice and silence that kept it tucked away. She hates it, but she’s always had a soft spot for bleeding hearts.

Leliana. We all belong somewhere,” she coos so close that her breath wisps across the pregnant woman’s cheek. Her voice has grown gentle. She used to tell Varus these things when he wept at night. “For me, I belong with my sister. I don’t know where she is but our hearts have always had a way of returning to one another.

And it’s true. She rests easy knowing that Kerrigan will find her way back home, until the twins can raise their children together once more. Her wild emerald eyes watch the way her wings change again. Khuma resumes her usual distance and shifts her weight, looking out over the meadow for a moment as she digs her way through her memories. Her scales burrow back beneath her skin and the hazel-honey of her eyes returns once more. All her happiest memories were spent with her true face looking out at the world, after all.

Why did your wings look the way they did?” she asks idly, unaware that her question could summon anything from the well of hurt digging its way into Leliana.
    khuma.
    @[leliana]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: let me steal this from you now, leliana - by Khuma - 10-25-2018, 11:33 PM