• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

we're a flame in the wind, anyone
    Dawn has never had “important proceedings” to attend as a child, and even now as a young woman. She is not the princess of a kingdom, nor is she the child of someone well-known and well-loved. She has never had responsibilities other than not to wander too far from Mother or scare anyone with her polar bear-shifting, and she is proud to say that she has never done either aside from the time she escaped her dam to visit the Playground. That’s where she first met Sunny, and Clayton as well. Sneaking off to the Playground that day while her mother slept was probably the best decision she's make in her short life.

She hasn’t found the time yet to explore Hyaline fully—though her and Sunny had done a fine job of covering a lot of his favorite spots just a few days past—but one thing is for certain: she loves the lake. The crystal clear, icy cold water makes the bear inside her grumble with contentment, and she desires nothing more than to splash and play for hours. The others may think her strange, but to her this is just the norm. Cress had encouraged her on more than one occasion to follow her instincts, and her instincts told her that the water was where she felt at peace.

Hoofbeats approach and Dawn turns, half-hoping for it to be Sunny. Instead, she sees a chestnut filly, around her age, about to take a step into the water. “No, don’t!” she exclaims, but the other girl is already breaking the surface with a hoof, confirming to herself that the water is, indeed, icy.

“I’m Dawn,” she responds with a grin, taking a few splashing strides towards Kensa as a woman appears along the shoreline, a serene smile decorating her face and wings of literally made of light adorning her shoulders. “My name is Dawn,” she repeats, her smile never faltering. “My mother is a nomad and my best friend in the whole world told me that I should come live here. I miss her terribly, but she wanted me to be happy and with my friend.”

She takes a few more steps towards the shore, so that the water only rises to her knees. It drips from her stomach and patters quietly on the surface of the water, one of the only sounds in a very still morning. “And I love the cold water, it makes the bear happy,” she adds, then pauses. They probably have no idea what she’s talking about. “Um, I can shift. I-into a polar bear. That’s what I meant. It’s why I love the cold water so much.”

@Kensa @Ilma

Messages In This Thread
    we're a flame in the wind, anyone - by Dawn - 10-23-2018, 10:48 PM
    RE: we're a flame in the wind, anyone - by Kensa - 10-25-2018, 09:12 PM
    RE: we're a flame in the wind, anyone - by Ilma - 10-26-2018, 02:28 AM
    RE: we're a flame in the wind, anyone - by Dawn - 11-02-2018, 10:25 PM
    RE: we're a flame in the wind, anyone - by Kensa - 11-08-2018, 10:40 PM
    RE: we're a flame in the wind, anyone - by Ilma - 11-11-2018, 10:55 AM