• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

all this couldn't satisfy my soul. adna, ilma, any.
    Vulgaris
    As the edges of dawn begin to trace their familiar path over the horizon, he wakes her with a gentle kiss to her sleeping temple. The summer heat has finally given way to comfortable autumn breezes. Vulgaris has decided that today he will keep his promise to Ilma and bring his daughter to Hyaline for a visit. Larva had long since hung up his hat for politics and formalities by the time his youngest child was born and so he never learned to speak eloquently. His manners were honed by more basic conversations and idle chats. But he and Adna will learn together, he thinks with a small laugh. They will become more refined and practiced with their words.

We’re going on a trip today. I’m going to show you a home like ours, but it’s called Hyaline,” he explains as they begin their journey. His steps are slow and careful so she may keep up without tiring herself trying to match his long strides. She’s taller now than when she was born, though not by much. Still, it warms his heart to see how she’s grown in just a few months since he and Leliana welcomed her into the world.

I have a friend who lives there named Ilma. She doesn’t have any children your age but she’s nice,” he explains with a shrug of his broad shoulders. He watches her carefully when they come to the river separating the kingdoms. The serpent is careful to walk close enough to catch her if the current knocks her off her small hooves. Finally, they cross over the border and into Hyaline, where he waits patiently for them to be noticed. Only now does he recall that Kagerus is still queen here. But it can’t be helped now.

He turns to Adna and lightly bumps his nose against her cheek affectionately. The rough texture of her scales mirrors his own as they both glimmer and shine in the sun.
    " ancient language, speak through fingers. the awful edges where you end and i begin. "
    @[adna] @[Ilma] @[Kagerus]

Messages In This Thread
    all this couldn't satisfy my soul. adna, ilma, any. - by vulgaris - 10-17-2018, 12:35 PM