• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

summer beach party ♥ all young horses WITH PRIZES
    litotes

There are whisperings all across Hyaline: gathering on the beach - sunset. Litotes has found a little more confidence as of late, and he chews on some plums while thinking to himself. He could go - no doubt there would be others he knew there: Will . . . a boy he does not know the name of but has met . . . Kensa . . . A shudder passes over his shoulders. How horribly nerve-wracking this is; how horribly indecisive he is feeling. Lie rolls his eyes at himself. Even he is growing tired of his antics.

In the split-second it takes for him to roll his eyes, he decides he is going. He takes pause, thinking at his age maybe he will not be welcome (having freshly become an adult), but three years old is more like a teenager than fully grown. Lie feels young these days - only just realizing that his thoughts on who he is and the burden he carries are sorely mistaken. Even in his hesitation, the pale stallion’s hooves are moving forward without him realizing. Of course he wants to go - he is a lonely creature, freshly recognizing his need to be accepted by others.

The trip to the beach is short, the sugary plums he was eating before now anxiously roiling in his stomach. The light on the beach is quickly fading and Lie just barely recognizes those he knows from a distance. No doubt, the only three he knows are there. He stops, hoping to god none of them notice his fearful halt, for now has no idea how to bring himself into their circle. Will, Kensa . . . both of them are mingling in the same circle, making Lie gulp. There is the boy he once silently watched a sunset with, and a few other interesting characters he does not recognize. Litotes visibly shakes his body, takes a deep breathe, and presses forward.

The water is a welcome place to Lie, so he relaxes as it wets his legs. An easy smile spreads across his face as he sidles up to Kensa, just barely catching her ask for the names of some of the equines in the circle. Quickly and playfully he nips her shoulder, forcing down the desirous memories her scent brings up.

“Hey, Kensa,” he greets her softly before looking at Will and the others. He wants to greet Will in a similar and friendly fashion, but does not want to interrupt the other’s introducing themselves - so he settles down next to Kensa and flicks her flirtatiously with his tail.

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

Messages In This Thread
    RE: summer beach party ♥ all young horses - by litotes - 10-24-2018, 10:24 PM
    I had visions, I was in them - by Achlyss - 10-25-2018, 09:35 AM