• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Here’s to the lives that you’re gonna change - Chryseis, family
    They had not been in Nerine long when another joins their company. A colt, younger than her, with markings across his body and lovely wings. She is already smiling brightly at the prospect of making a new friend, but when he speaks she almost drops the flowers from her mouth. She knew it had been silly to not take into consideration that her father had children besides her, but he also had never mentioned it. For the briefest of moments she feels almost lied to, like maybe her father had purposely not mentioned she would not just be meeting her grandmother but also her secret sibling. She quickly recovers, however, and instead of feeling jealous she is simply unimpressed. His favorite? Doubtful. She almost rolls her eyes, but she knows her father wouldn’t like that. Instead, she lowers her head to place the flowers safely on the ground, so that she could address the colt properly without the stems in her teeth, ”I’m Chryseis. Your older sister.” She makes sure to put emphasis on the word older; this guy needed knocked down a peg, and to be reminded she was here first. But her smile is amiable enough, because even if he was annoying, she didn’t hate him. Her father rattles off something about a point system, which she hasn’t been aware of until this very second, so she can only assume he just made it up in an attempt to deter Ophie from making such bold (and inaccurate) claims. 

Thankfully, they are soon distracted by the arrival of another pair — an older mare, who’s lack of hair confuses her, and a small roan filly that looked similar to herself. It is soon clear that the older mare is her grandmother, and this time she smiles a true, genuine smile — not the forced one she had given her younger brother. ”Hi!” She eagerly trots forward, bouncing easily on her dainty feet, and she reaches her small muzzle to touch that of Scorch’s. ”I’m Chryseis.” Her warm breath is expelled briefly, her soft brown eyes alive and vibrant as she looks up at her. She wants to ask her grandmother what happened, but something tells her that’s not a conversation to have in front of such a large crowd. Her attention obediently diverts to Blue when she is mentioned, and she picks up the bright colored flower between her lips, carefully tucking the stem so that it is nestled behind the younger girl’s ear. But Chryseis smiles knowingly at her, adding gently, ”You don’t have to wear it if you don’t want to.”

The sound of another voice startles her, and when she turns to see another young colt that looked similar to her father trotting towards them, she almost can’t wipe the look that clearly said Oh my god there’s more? off of her face. Before she can say anything, however, she sees the spotted mare. ”Breckin!” She calls to her joyfully, quickly snatching up the other flower and loping to greet her. She slides to a stop alongside of her, and she reaches up to weave the stem of the flower into the older mare’s mane. When she pulls back she is beaming brightly, chirping enthusiastically, ”You gave me one in Hyaline, so I brought you one too!” The golden blazed filly has grown considerably since they last saw each other, now being a year and a half old, and she is not quite as small when she stands alongside of her, but she still looks up at her with childish innocence and admiration. 

When her father challenges them to count Breckin’s spots, she casts the mare a sympathetic smile, before suggesting, ”I think Breckin already knows how many spots she has. How about we guess and whoever is the closest wins? I think she has...hmm...205.”

@[Ophanim]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Here’s to the lives that you’re gonna change - Chryseis, family - by Chryseis - 10-19-2018, 06:34 PM