• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

guess i'm a coward (kensa)
    litotes

Two topaz eyes seem to stare all the way into Litotes’ soul. He lifts one back leg to step away, but instead lets it float precariously under water. Neither of them are upset; neither of them says a word. In the two seconds that tick by, the stallion passes through an endless array of emotions. Shock, confusion, sorrow, delight - each miniscule droplet of life forcing his heart one beat faster - one beat, then two, then on and on, each into the other until he can no longer tell them apart. Kensa’s gaze - perpetually curious and understanding - keeps him there, keeps him from sprinting away as fast as his heart races.

Ever vivacious and alluring, Kensa launches through the water, out and away from Litotes. He spurs after her without thinking, coming to a stop when the water laps at his hocks. Every point in the burning boy’s body stands at attention - ears, eyes, every single muscle, all quivering in anticipation. When she looks back, Lie’s entire body relaxes in one fluid motion, and he bounds forth. He chases her with ease, rearing his head back to feel the wind whip his heavy mane behind him.

Hyaline passes by in a blur. The moments all dim into the next: green then blue, brown then gray, all swirling and colliding. Kensa is swift, deft hooves carrying her further and further into the land the two seem to love so much. Lie catches up to her, matching his pace exactly to hers - no look is exchanged, just the two of them in sync. He trails just slightly behind, his head at length with her withers. He admires the muscles there for just a second, drinking in the way they roll back in forth, smooth and powerful and never ending. He wants to bury his muzzle between her shoulders - feel them pulse with the post-adrenaline of their workout - and decides to himself he will get as close to her as possible when the time comes.

The hypnotism breaks and the breatheless stallion slows as Kensa takes the lead. She trots into a meadow swaying with wave upon wave of wildflowers. Lie grins and stops, admires her as she circles. He approaches bashfully, but ultimately presses himself into her, nuzzling where her mane meets her neck. There are no words left for him to say (in truth, he has no idea what to say - he cannot even place what he is feeling)

i don't want your pity, i just want somebody near me
    guess i'm a coward, i just want to feel all right

@[Kensa]

Messages In This Thread
    guess i'm a coward (kensa) - by litotes - 10-08-2018, 11:33 PM
    RE: guess i'm a coward (kensa) - by Kensa - 10-09-2018, 07:58 PM
    RE: guess i'm a coward (kensa) - by litotes - 10-16-2018, 10:28 PM
    RE: guess i'm a coward (kensa) - by Kensa - 10-17-2018, 09:52 PM
    RE: guess i'm a coward (kensa) - by litotes - 10-22-2018, 10:17 PM
    RE: guess i'm a coward (kensa) - by Kensa - 10-23-2018, 09:52 PM
    RE: guess i'm a coward (kensa) - by litotes - 10-25-2018, 12:22 AM
    RE: guess i'm a coward (kensa) - by Kensa - 10-25-2018, 08:38 PM